PDA

View Full Version : Happy birthday

whiskychaser
07-04-2007, 12:46 PM
From a mere brit may I wish all in the USA a happy birthday. My memories are:

You lost at the Alamo! How did you manage that with John Wayne on your side?

You assasinate your Presidents. We normally vote our PM out

Your president tell lies. OK but he gets caught doing it! (There will be no whitewash in the White House)

Your president gets caught with his pants down (you are ahead of me)

Your president gets in cos his brother voted for him (ditto)

Some of your states still have the death penalty (fair enough I go there)

You say 'have a nice day'. This is not a myth

You can turn right on a red light (but make sure you are in the right State)

You talk loudly and wear stetsons and check shirts on holiday

You shoot each other a lot

How did you get to be a superpower?

Who cares? Happy Birthday! Dont eat all the cake :)

Milkboot
07-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Hahahaha

Guapo
07-04-2007, 01:19 PM
How did you get to be a superpower?

Simple ... we kicked you Brits out, then saved your arses from the Germans 150 years later :)

whiskychaser
07-04-2007, 01:44 PM
Simple ... we kicked you Brits out, then saved your arses from the Germans 150 years later :)
Yeah, it only cost us title to all the companies we owned in the US. And we only just finished paying the loan off:) good for you!:)

Barney Paull-Edwards
07-04-2007, 03:20 PM
And how many colonials have actually been to the area abroard that they are trying to subvert with Macdonalds?? I heard a rumour about the number of Americans that have a passport, please confirm.And guess why we call you seppo`s???!! Happy birthday anyway, can we have our tea back?

whiskychaser
07-04-2007, 04:04 PM
can we have our tea back?
Milkboot is coming over for his holidays soon. Maybe if we ask him nicely he will bring it? :)

Evan
07-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Let's not argue... and yes you may have your tea back.

Guapo
07-04-2007, 08:05 PM
And how many colonials have actually been to the area abroard that they are trying to subvert with Macdonalds?? I heard a rumour about the number of Americans that have a passport, please confirm.And guess why we call you seppo`s???!! Happy birthday anyway, can we have our tea back?

You're welcome. :)

Ross
07-05-2007, 09:06 AM
I give up. Why do you call us seppos?
I have a passport, use it and never ,EVER eat at McDonalds, here or abroad.
We aren't all obese, loud or clad in plaid and sneakers. Just as all Europeans aren't chain smokers with poor hygiene and rotten crooked teeth.
You may have your tea, we prefer weak coffee.

Barney Paull-Edwards
07-05-2007, 01:14 PM
The best thing I`ve always had on US ships has always been the coffee,you sure know how to make a brew.Tea bag from US resident based in Uk delivered by messenger this afternoon much appreciated, got a big-brother feeling that somebody discovered my home address in no time at all! The big problem with the media is that it distorts our perceptions so in the spirit of tolerence, greetings to all Seppo`s-seppo-septic tanks-yanks, now you know,no offence meant, we are`nt all cockneys either!

Evan
07-05-2007, 01:22 PM
bubble and squeak...

did someone really courier a tea bag to your home?

Barney Paull-Edwards
07-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Lipton`s tea bag delivered this afternoon, and not many people know my home address do they mate????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Either that or GCHQ/INS are earning our tax dollars!!

Hallmark
07-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Of course the fact you would only drink Tetley's makes the Lipton bit either ironic or a cruel joke!
;)

Dr. evil
07-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Your president gets in cos his brother voted for him (ditto)

this is the only one that i don't understand,and wasen't john wayne an actor or something. oh yeah, whats wrong with the death penalty?

anyway i hope eveyone has a nice day.

Barney Paull-Edwards
07-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Geography 101 I think you call it,north of Oxford all brits wear cloth caps and drink Tetleys, south of that we drink Liptons or or lapsong -soochang and wear fedora`s, ok? And Tommy Lipton lost his fortune trying to win back the cup you lot unsportingly won by entering a faster yacht and sailing better than us, not fair.

Evan
07-05-2007, 02:30 PM
i wouldnt know who know syour home address... would i?

whiskychaser
07-05-2007, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE=Dr. evil]this is the only one that i don't understand,and wasen't john wayne an actor or something. oh yeah, whats wrong with the death penalty?

/QUOTE]
Jeb Bush was governor of Florida when Dubya was elected. I believe Florida was key to him getting elected president. They had to have several recounts -till they got the right answer :) Allegedly. John Wayne was a great actor - he won the war. All of them! Death penalty sucks cos you cant change your mind later.

Dr. evil
07-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Ahhhh i see your point. i do remember the florida mishap, i voted for bush anyway he sounded good at the time compared to the alternitive. i can't remember the last time the justice system changed thier minds about anyting.

whiskychaser
07-05-2007, 03:22 PM
north of Oxford all brits wear cloth caps and drink Tetleys, south of that we drink Liptons or or lapsong -soochang and wear fedora`s, ok?

This is very true. Also true is what Warren Clarke's (Dalziel in Dalziel and Pascoe) dad said to him when he was going off down to London to be an actor: "Keep your hand on your holiday money and watch out for them southern nancy boys" :)