PDA

View Full Version : How to remove rear seat???

BigKriss
07-03-2007, 01:10 AM
Not the part were you put your bottom onto, but the part where your back goes. I hve removed the 4 nylon nuts but I cannot seem to remove the seat. I have removed the 2 headrests and am making sure the seat belts are not in the way. I move the seat outward and try to push up but the seat isn't coming out. I've tried this with a helper also to no avail. I know I've removed it before when I installed by car stero stuff but it seems stuck now, i've tried for over 15 minutes removing this.

Blitzkrieg Bob
07-03-2007, 01:16 AM
at the bottom of the seat back?

BigKriss
07-03-2007, 01:18 AM
Yes sir, there are two each side on the outer side near the seatbelt holders, and two near the ski pass through hole. The rear seat comes out towards the front of the car, about a 45 degree angle, then I push it up to no avail

at the bottom of the seat back?

BigKriss
07-03-2007, 01:19 AM
normally i'm okay with these things

Omega
07-03-2007, 01:20 AM
If my memory serves me correct, undo nuts at the base of the back near the squab and then lift/rotate the backrest. The top of the backrest is located by a metal loop resting on a notch in the rear bulkhead.

HTH

myles
07-03-2007, 01:44 AM
If you've got headrests you need to remove them and the plastic cover that sits on the top of the back rest. Then lift the back rest outward at the base so that its off the four mounting threads and then straight upwards.

bill g
07-03-2007, 02:42 AM
Kris you also need to remove the plastic covers around the seat belts on top of the seat back. When doing this use a wide strong blade and lever upwards at front and back only - be real careful because the plastic is brittle, especially if its old. To get good leverage and avoid damaging the leather you could use a piece of thin hardboard underneath the blade.

Bill G Melbourne

BigKriss
07-03-2007, 03:42 AM
Thanks Myles, the plastic covers that covers the seat were the headrests go into need to be removed. with them removed the seat easily comes out!!! cheers guys. I'm trying to recondition my leather seats with leatherique but there is very little sun out these days :( - today was an exception.