PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever remove dashboard?

Jon K
07-02-2007, 11:42 PM
The bentley shows I need to remove the center dash, etc., but in Fig 7 on page 513-3 it shows 8 screws but to get to them it looks like it only necessitates glovebox removal center top vent removal.

Has anyone removed dashboard?

Macv
07-02-2007, 11:50 PM
I had mine removed last winter. However I had taken out the center dash before hand anyways.

I don't remember if it's required to be out first.

Jon K
07-03-2007, 10:26 AM
I had mine removed last winter. However I had taken out the center dash before hand anyways.

I don't remember if it's required to be out first.

Dude when you put it back in, did you wire tie all the wiring harnesses back into the locations they were at? Like, if you unbolt the dash you can only get it about 10" off because everything is wire tied in there. I cut the ties and the dash is out drying from being vinyl dyed, and I am looking at the wiring and thinking that I will just lay it down in the support bars and stuff rather than tucking it back inside the underside of the dashboard.

Macv
07-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Sounds like we did the same thing. I did it, however, because I'm lazy.

I didn't zip tie them back together or anything, more or less just stuffed them somewhere so I could get my dash back on. Not usually my style but what can you do...

I have a picture around here somewhere, but I doubt it would really aid in anything.

NAT9566
07-04-2007, 03:45 AM
changed my cooling coil and expansion valve....
cost me 100 pounds..... ( its a crazy time here...)
tried to access the coils through the side ports... ended up lifting the entire dash out...
there is a technique to removing the dash.... ( or is mine just warped beyond recognition....) hmmph....