PDA

View Full Version : How much to ask for my touring?

Ross
07-02-2007, 01:50 PM
I have a '95 525it, alpine white/tan leather with ~123k on it.
It's been the GF's car and she just doesn't like it.
Since we bought it with 110k I've done the following stuff; Complete fluid service, everything.
A/C system overhaul that consisted of condensor, aux. fan, cabin filter and evacuate and recharge w/r134.
Bridgestone G009s thrust rods, tie rods, strut inserts and alignment.
Rear shocks
Brakes all around
Water pump, stat and hoses
A number of little things to make it less of a used car for her; New outside mirror glass to replace the slightly corroded silvering on the original, fixed all the seat cable issues, new lens for the high stoplight, and new roundels.
Failures on this car have been limited to the ignition lock which is what brought me to this board.
The left bottom of the bumper cover has been chunked off this past winter. I haven't been able to find a matching used one to repair this yet.
It's now set an o2 sensor code which probably explains an off idle stumble.
Everything else is a-okay and the body is nice without any rust showing. The door edges need constant watching though.

So... what do you guys figure I should get for this once all the smoke clears?

Blitzkrieg Bob
07-02-2007, 01:55 PM
I have a '95 525it, alpine white/tan leather with ~123k on it.
It's been the GF's car and she just doesn't like it.

My wife loves her touring....

Ross
07-02-2007, 02:09 PM
It's just a car to me. Don't get me wrong, I like it fine but I prefer something more powerful. I think it is the nicest style of all the E34s.
I put a bunch of effort into it initially to get caught up from "deferred maintenance" thinking she would enjoy it.
She grew up without a car culture and I can't cultivate an appreciation for them. It's no different than the refrigerator to her, actually less important.

Elekta
07-02-2007, 02:16 PM
I say give it to your next GF, you know, the one you will meet at Bimmer Oktoberfest 07 who loves wagons... ;)

Ross
07-02-2007, 02:18 PM
GFs a keeper in spite of poor taste in cars. Her taste in men is impeccable however.

Scott C
07-02-2007, 03:51 PM
GFs a keeper in spite of poor taste in cars. Her taste in men is impeccable however.

Wow, very modest :)
I think 530iTouring hit it on the the head ;)

attack eagle
07-02-2007, 04:22 PM
$6k asking if fixed...

$4750 as is.

632 Regal
07-02-2007, 10:33 PM
thousand bucks and my race car?

Ross
07-03-2007, 04:50 PM
I already bought that thing once.