PDA

View Full Version : 535 code definition

epp
07-01-2007, 11:12 PM
Hi all, just had an oil change and re-set the lights in the instrument panel, the guy that did the reset was using a generic type reset that did the job. While he did it he checked two codes that came out. 1.converter lock-up clutch 2.air-mass flow sensor.Sounds freaky... But the car performs just as good if not better after 4 years of using her- no drivability problems so far..

Has anyone received this code before especially the 1st one- what happened afterwards. Grateful for any comments.

Cheers,
Ed.
535ia

ThoreauHD
07-02-2007, 09:16 AM
Bring it to a BMW independent mechanic and have the codes re-read. Those 2 things are coin, and if the MAF was dying/dead you wouldn't get 1 mile without noticing it. I suggest getting a second opinion.

epp
07-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks for that. If it was a tranny lockup i would defininetly feel something as well. Could be a faulty gadget.

cheers:D

Bring it to a BMW independent mechanic and have the codes re-read. Those 2 things are coin, and if the MAF was dying/dead you wouldn't get 1 mile without noticing it. I suggest getting a second opinion.