PDA

View Full Version : Pics of custom/aftermarket exhaust

Anton CH.
07-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Can someone post some pics of your aftermarket or custom made exhaust system? I am interested in how it is mounted to the chassis.

Jon K
07-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Can someone post some pics of your aftermarket or custom made exhaust system? I am interested in how it is mounted to the chassis.

The rear hangers at the muffler are SUPER easy to use - I just used some 1/4" round bar cut and welded, and then clamped in the stock muffler hangers. As for the middle, you can use round bar to loop thru the middle rubber hangers if you wish.

Anton CH.
07-02-2007, 01:34 PM
The rear hangers at the muffler are SUPER easy to use - I just used some 1/4" round bar cut and welded, and then clamped in the stock muffler hangers. As for the middle, you can use round bar to loop thru the middle rubber hangers if you wish.

OK so let me see if I understand you correctly. For the muffler section, you took some round reebar and welded it to the stock hangers. In the middle, you welded reebar to the pipe and looped it through the rubber donut looking things.

Jon K
07-02-2007, 01:47 PM
OK so let me see if I understand you correctly. For the muffler section, you took some round reebar and welded it to the stock hangers. In the middle, you welded reebar to the pipe and looped it through the rubber donut looking things.

Not reebar. That is too thick and is also iron, not steel. Use 1/4" roundbar which is just 304L stainless or carbon steel. I only have my muffler hanging from the back. The middle supports are silly but you can use them if you'd like.

Anton CH.
07-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Not reebar. That is too thick and is also iron, not steel. Use 1/4" roundbar which is just 304L stainless or carbon steel. I only have my muffler hanging from the back. The middle supports are silly but you can use them if you'd like.

OK glad I cleared that up. You also probably don't have the weight of a cat and a resonator to support. I don't like to put so much stress on the exhaust system.