PDA

View Full Version : ABS wierdness

NielsGalan
06-30-2007, 05:51 PM
ABS has gotten funny. It kicks in riiiiight before the car comes to a full stop. It used to do this some times. Now it does it all the time.

In the three years I've had the car the ABS light has come on twice while driving. Both times it went away after restarting the car.

I don't even know how ABS works, so I have no idea where to start looking.

And no, the roads are not slippery.

mamilapon
06-30-2007, 06:09 PM
ABS has gotten funny. It kicks in riiiiight before the car comes to a full stop. It used to do this some times. Now it does it all the time.

In the three years I've had the car the ABS light has come on twice while driving. Both times it went away after restarting the car.

I don't even know how ABS works, so I have no idea where to start looking.

And no, the roads are not slippery.
You could probably start by pulling the ABS sensors off each axle and give them a good clean.Have you got a Bentley manial? If you haven't, i suggest you get one ASAP.p.s While you got the sensors out get some air and blow all the crap off the targets.

NielsGalan
07-01-2007, 05:25 AM
Hi again.

Checked my Bentley manual (pdf) and found absolutely nothing on the sensors themselves. There was a short section describing the function of the ABS, but otherwise no help there.

Could anyone tell/show me how the locate the ABS sensors? Are these reachable without removing the wheels/brakes/everything?

EDIT: Oops. Seems I had misunderstood how the Bentley was put together. Found it, and I'm going to clean the sensors.