PDA

View Full Version : Windshield washer control: Which pump for which motion?

mancini_mark
06-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Hi,

I replaced both main washer pumps last year (the intensive clean pump on the small reservoir is still original). The control lever worked in both directions -- pull back and press in towards the wheel. Now it will only work when you press in.

Anyone know which lever motion operates which pump?

Thanks,

M

shogun
06-30-2007, 04:06 PM
In your registration, please fill out all fields. Members of this board will be better able to assist you if they know the year and model of your car, the number of miles or kilometers, where you are located (some issues are country specific), and any prior modifications done to your car.

mancini_mark
06-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Ok, I think I figured that out. User CP, right? I've probably been a member now for the better part of 8 years. Not sure if all that was there back then.

M

pingu
06-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Pulling back is the normal squirter (used this today), so pushing in towards the wheel must be intensive clean.

Paul in NZ
07-01-2007, 01:28 AM
Pulling back is the normal squirter (used this today), so pushing in towards the wheel must be intensive clean.
correct,my intensive clean doesnt work (push in end of wiper knob) but the normal wash does(pull in towards wheel).I havent figured out if is the pump or sometning else,cos the intensive clean has its own squirt wipe wipe squirt wipe wipe routine,presumably controlled by a special rely or the GM or something...mine does nothing now

mancini_mark
07-01-2007, 08:43 AM
That's good...and bad...maybe. It means my intensive pump is fine, but it means one of the two main pumps which are only a year old is not working. On the main squirter, is it the top pump (main reservoir) or bottom that activates, or does that depend on fluid level? Maybe it's a fluid level sensor issue?

Thanks again,

Mark