PDA

View Full Version : jif (cif) the ultimate leather cleaner?

adashio
06-28-2007, 11:04 PM
ok ive tried many home remidies to cleaning my leather seats, non worked even remotly until i tried jif (cif in america). yes i know what your thinking, "its too abrasive!" "isnt that for metals!" "your using kitchen cleaner on leather!!!"

BUT i just used it on an inconspicous peice of leather in my back seat with some white paper towel and you should have seen the brown dirt it removed.

now the problem that i AM worried about is it taking the oils etc out of the leather but would this matter if i immedietly conditioned it with say....meguirs leather conditioner?

you should have seen the difference in cleanliness...i just dont want it to dry out and crack is all.....

oh and just another thing, i dont think it removed any of the dye, all that was on the paper towel was dark brown dirt

Barney Paull-Edwards
06-28-2007, 11:26 PM
All you need after the Cif is Neatesfoor oil, been doing that for years and after 12 years my steering wheel leather has worn out but that could be use.

632 Regal
06-29-2007, 02:03 PM
what is Cif?

whiskychaser
06-29-2007, 05:02 PM
what is Cif?

Its a kitchen / bathroom cleaner. Dont think it has any bleach in it. Comes in a sort of cream liquid form. Slightly abrasive. It it leaves a residue if you use it neat. Also available in lemon :-) Saddle soap is good on leather too but dont wear the light suit after using it

adashio
06-29-2007, 06:09 PM
ok well i just finished the entire back seat with it and it did work very well, it removed all the grime and made my seats look like leather again and not all shiny and smooth you know? i think it did take a small amount of leather fibre/dye off so i wouldnt reccomend as a treatment ALL the time but if your seats are quite grimy i would use it.

i just used small amounts then wiped over thoroughly with water then meguires over the top

ThoreauHD
06-29-2007, 11:33 PM
I think I would do leatherique before using kitchen cleanser. But I guess in a jam, anything will do. Glad it worked out.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/toasty0z/tard.gif

Young Pete
06-23-2008, 01:48 AM
can you buy CIF in the united states?

also, what is the equivalent of CIF if its not available in the US?

please let me know..

whiskychaser
06-23-2008, 12:28 PM
can you buy CIF in the united states?

also, what is the equivalent of CIF if its not available in the US?

please let me know..

JIF (now known as CIF) is made by Unilever. I dont think you can get it in the US. Its just a kitchen/bath cleaner in cream liquid form. Sure you can find something equivalent at your local supermarket