PDA

View Full Version : Running hot!!

535Bimmer92
06-27-2007, 03:15 PM
Where I was today, it was about 95 deg. i drove prob 50 miles one way and 50 miles the other, on the way down i looked down and saw the temp. was way past the mid line. I stopped and looked and the coolent was still full and the engine wasn't jsut sucking it down was it just because it was so hot today??

mamilapon
06-27-2007, 04:15 PM
ok so you might have either of these issues:
Thermostat not opening as it should; Worn water pump; Very dirty radiator; innefective fan clutch.

535Bimmer92
06-27-2007, 05:18 PM
yeah i haven't replaced the thermostat in awhile so, i am going to do that now anyone wknow where that is located?? to save me some time!

thanks

whiskychaser
06-27-2007, 05:27 PM
yeah i haven't replaced the thermostat in awhile so, i am going to do that now anyone wknow where that is located?? to save me some time!

thanks
Not sure of a 535 but would hazard a guess its behind the casing where the hoses from the top/bottom of the rad meet the head. Your memory is clearly worse than mine :)

mamilapon
06-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Well looking at the engine,the thermostat housing is behind the fan assembly. You'll see a screw with a little slot under it.The housing cover is held by 3 bolts.Make sure you get a vew o-ring as well.And most importantly when putting the cover back on dont use the bolts to bring the flanges together. The flange on the cover is quite thin you dont want to crack that. so use your hand to press the flanges together and screw the bolts in.Get a Bentley manuel it will save you a lot of time and money.