PDA

View Full Version : tinted car windows and sticky parking permits

artemis626
06-27-2007, 02:39 PM
I've recently moved from the 'burbs into the city and now need a residential parking permit that I'm supposed to attacth to the inside of my rear window. The problem is my windows are tinted and I'm concerned that this will be a problem as they issue new permits every yearand Ill have to remove and reapply the sticker. I don't want to ruin my tinting. Does anyone have any ideas for how to display the permit without damaging my tint?

repenttokyo
06-27-2007, 02:57 PM
get a clear plastic sleeve like the ones that are used to protect baseball cards. Put the permit inside the sleeve. Clip this sleeve on the inside of your window. I used to do this for a front-window permit.

GoldenOne
06-27-2007, 03:26 PM
i do something similar...i actually have a piece of clear plastic with two suction cups that i stick on the window

632 Regal
06-27-2007, 07:49 PM
cigarette pack cellophane and spit.

Omega
06-28-2007, 10:47 AM
cigarette pack cellophane and spit.

Always going for the classy options, eh Jeff? :D

632 Regal
06-28-2007, 11:17 AM
chicks dig it

Always going for the classy options, eh Jeff? :D

BigTed00
06-28-2007, 07:26 PM
i use a thin piece of lexan plexi glass and place the sicker on that then just toss it on the dash

David Chen
07-02-2007, 04:12 PM
There's a product called Windshield Relief that turns any inside the window sticker into a static cling one.

I've recently moved from the 'burbs into the city and now need a residential parking permit that I'm supposed to attacth to the inside of my rear window. The problem is my windows are tinted and I'm concerned that this will be a problem as they issue new permits every yearand Ill have to remove and reapply the sticker. I don't want to ruin my tinting. Does anyone have any ideas for how to display the permit without damaging my tint?