PDA

View Full Version : Engine back together, runs: problem

ArtemLepilov
06-25-2007, 11:17 PM
Alright... I finished putting the engine back together and putting it in the car, and after all the connections were reconnected and everything was connected... The engine didnt run. It would rev and die right away. I was told something about the fuel maps being switched in the first few seconds of the car running. So I was thinking - one of the sensors was getting the wrong signal, and started with the Camshaft Position Sensor, which resulted in the car being able to run for relatively long periods of time - as in until the key is off. However it doesnt run perfect, its not as responsive and in all - the sensor isnt conected.. It has to be wrong.

Can someone please help me out here - I dont remmber seeing that problem here.

Thank you all for your help. :)

PS - Buy my parts :p

CharlesAFerg
06-26-2007, 02:27 AM
Way beyond my knowlege... Where's JonK?

Ross
06-26-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm not familiar with what you've been doing. The fuel pump will switch off if no oil pressure is detected.

ArtemLepilov
06-26-2007, 01:09 PM
Oil pressure sensor is hooked up, CPS and ICV are also hooked up, car starts and runs but without the Camshaft Sensor. When that sensor is plugged in it dies after 2 seconds of running, everything else is the same. What can it be?

-Artem

repenttokyo
06-26-2007, 01:22 PM
could it be a bad camshaft sensor? or is the sensor grounding out?

ArtemLepilov
06-26-2007, 07:44 PM
It may be a bad sensor, the wire to the sensor looked rather bad. I will check on that. Would a bad cam sensor cause such a problem?

repenttokyo
06-26-2007, 09:58 PM
if the computer doesn't get a signal from the sensor regarding cam position, it can cause a no start condition. I would think that the same thing could occur while the engine is running.

Dave M
06-27-2007, 06:55 AM
Alright... I finished putting the engine back together and putting it in the car, and after all the connections were reconnected and everything was connected... The engine didnt run. It would rev and die right away. I was told something about the fuel maps being switched in the first few seconds of the car running. So I was thinking - one of the sensors was getting the wrong signal, and started with the Camshaft Position Sensor, which resulted in the car being able to run for relatively long periods of time - as in until the key is off. However it doesnt run perfect, its not as responsive and in all - the sensor isnt conected.. It has to be wrong.

Can someone please help me out here - I dont remmber seeing that problem here.

Thank you all for your help. :)

PS - Buy my parts :p

Artem, out on a limb, but how confident are you that the timing is perfect? I don't know the engine you've swapped in?? or how the cam sensor is atached (intake cam?), but the fact that it runs poorly and dies leads me to think that timing might be something to think about. If out enough, maybe the sensor catches it and doesn't allowed continued operation.

Oh, and sorry for not getting back to you about the DME, I ended up finding one in Canada. Thanks for the offer.

Dave