PDA

View Full Version : M50 oil pan gasket

whiskychaser
06-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Before you come in for the kill yes I did hit the search button but very often it doesnt work! Like now. So while the car is on stands I think I will replace the gasket. Drop all the vertical bolts including the tricky one behind the left hand mount and two that come forward through the bell housing. I read somewhere its a struggle to get out but this one wont even drop a bit. I am missing something. Apart from new glasses, anybody care to tell me what? :)

632 Regal
06-24-2007, 04:54 PM
is it stuck to the gasket?

gale
06-24-2007, 05:04 PM
There are 2 more bolts, kinda hard to find. Look for 2 small openings in the bottom of the bell housing. Tucked inside the bell housing are 2 more long bolts that straddle the rear main. There's barely enough room to slip a 10 mm socket thru the holes. The pan should be free to come out after that.

whiskychaser
06-24-2007, 05:31 PM
There are 2 more bolts, kinda hard to find. Look for 2 small openings in the bottom of the bell housing. Tucked inside the bell housing are 2 more long bolts that straddle the rear main. There's barely enough room to slip a 10 mm socket thru the holes. The pan should be free to come out after that.

Put in a new gearbox a while ago but dont remember them. My memory must be failing as well as my eyes :) Thanks!

632 Regal
06-24-2007, 05:36 PM
my sons eyes got so bad he couldnt read without getting headaches, I looked it up and he can read all day now. I bought him an eye chart and had him study while trying to focus for 6 minutes a night. Took all of 3 weeks for his vision to repair itself. he went from 20/50 to 20/15. I need to try this to see if it helps the aged folks :D

My memory must be failing as well as my eyes :) Thanks!

Dave M
06-24-2007, 08:40 PM
my sons eyes got so bad he couldnt read without getting headaches, I looked it up and he can read all day now. I bought him an eye chart and had him study while trying to focus for 6 minutes a night. Took all of 3 weeks for his vision to repair itself. he went from 20/50 to 20/15. I need to try this to see if it helps the aged folks :D

You're on the wrong forum Jeff. Optometrist.info ;)