PDA

View Full Version : Dim OBC; fix?

Boone.Msi
06-23-2007, 02:39 PM
After installing my new Alpine Head Unit, my OBC's display went out, after a couple of days it came back on. Last week i pulled the head unit to install my new ipod interface, when i put everything back, the display went out and has been out ever since.

When looking closely you can see the led letters/numbers when switching between programs, its just theres no light output. I pulled the OBC, cleaned the contacts and checked the bulbs, everything is fine. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this, or am i in for a new one?

attack eagle
06-23-2007, 02:42 PM
you checked the bulbs with a multimeter?

any chance the harness plugs or that particular pin is loose?

Boone.Msi
06-23-2007, 07:31 PM
yes i did, at first i thought the only reason was loose cables, but it locks into place perfectly, not the slightest bit loose. Thats what really bothers me, i wish it was just burned out bulbs or a loose cable... :(

nirvana19
06-23-2007, 10:09 PM
You've tried hitting it, right? In all seriousness, its worked on many of the things in my car that stop working for no (obvious) reason. If it stopped, came back on, somethings probably loose in there vs. being burned out. Instrument cluster information still work?

Ross
06-24-2007, 10:47 AM
It's a backlit LED display. About all it could be is a bulb if the wiring is intact.
There is a grey/red wire for the lighting of the OBC and I believe also the radio. Double check your head unit installation.
EDIT Or the bulb or it's socket could have loosened.