PDA

View Full Version : A little clip from tonight

Jehu
06-19-2007, 11:23 PM
http://users.adelphia.net/~cpkver8/images/cape.mov

Showing the MPG on the OBC as i cruised home from the Beach..

Macv
06-20-2007, 02:12 PM
HAHA license plate light is out!!! >:)

I love your random little clips.

Jehu
06-20-2007, 08:31 PM
warts and all,lol... i wasn't even trying to coordinate the music ( Beethoven's 5th Piano Concerto) but it was kind of funny .. I tried just snapping a picture but too little light and too much vibration made it impossible so i shot that for general interest purposes.

winfred
06-20-2007, 08:51 PM
smack the hell out of the top of the dash and the rest of the cluster will probably light up, id say better then 50% chance;)

Dr. evil
06-20-2007, 09:05 PM
thats what i use to do. after too many smacks all the lights went out. i'm guessing it's time for new caps.

Jehu
06-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Oh yah I've been meaning to get a phillips socket to remove the steering wheel and get the cluster out so i can tell if I'm overheating in the dark... I'll try the sudden impact meathod first.

Sam-Son
06-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Sorry to hijack this thread abit but the bulb behind my OBC is out does anybody know what bulb I need to replace it and where to find my alarm code to remove the stereo to replace it?

winfred
06-20-2007, 10:11 PM
dead bulbs or the solder joints on the board where the pins from the back of the cluster stick into the front of the cluster have cracked

thats what i use to do. after too many smacks all the lights went out. i'm guessing it's time for new caps.

Jehu
06-20-2007, 10:11 PM
Sorry to hijack this thread abit but the bulb behind my OBC is out does anybody know what bulb I need to replace it and where to find my alarm code to remove the stereo to replace it?

07BULB6,5V 0,8W465811374495$4.46
If its not with the owners manual I thought i just saw some thing posted about a way to obtain it..

winfred
06-20-2007, 10:14 PM
1.5 watt with the little plastic base socket thingie made onto it, you don't need to unplug the radio it pulls out plenty far enough to get the obc out

Sam-Son
06-20-2007, 11:02 PM
1.5 watt with the little plastic base socket thingie made onto it, you don't need to unplug the radio it pulls out plenty far enough to get the obc out
So if I unscrew the radio and pull it out without unplugging it I'll be able to replace the bulb and my car wont seize up as some sort of anti-theft device?

winfred
06-20-2007, 11:18 PM
correct, after you get the radio out of it's hole theres a lever on the side of the housing that the obc is on that you pull toward you and the obc pops out

So if I unscrew the radio and pull it out without unplugging it I'll be able to replace the bulb and my car wont seize up as some sort of anti-theft device?

Sam-Son
06-20-2007, 11:27 PM
correct, after you get the radio out of it's hole theres a lever on the side of the housing that the obc is on that you pull toward you and the obc pops out
Thanks a bunch...You may now resume your regularly scheduled Thread