PDA

View Full Version : OT: Toying with environmentalists . . .

gale
06-19-2007, 07:57 PM
You know the drill. Two college students with "Save the Planet" t-shirts and clipboards ring the doorbell & get you away from the dinner table & want you to give them a donation & sign a petition. Nothing gets rid of them faster than asking where they stand on nuclear power Honestly, I wish they'd stick around and engage in rational dialog but for some reason it really pisses them off.;) I can be such a prick!

"Earth first . . . we'll mine the other planets later"

yaofeng
06-19-2007, 08:09 PM
I was under the impression these guys were idealists, until my younger son applied for a summer job working for a environemental lobby group within our State. The job pays minimum wage. But any donation you signed up you get a share. In one day my son became disheartened, not of the ideal but of the grueling work. That's how long he last. Guess he is not a salesman type. Could not take rejections.

winfred
06-19-2007, 08:45 PM
id just start my truck up and create some shade for them to stand in http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/lol.gif

yy101
06-20-2007, 02:44 AM
I would ask them where they stand on the coal industry. :D

Ferret
06-20-2007, 03:55 AM
I would ask them where they stand on the coal industry. :D

The UK's gone on an environmental bender at the moment - I'm sick to death of seeing commercials on tv with 'we're helping the environment by x' or 'you can help by buying our env friendly product'

There's stealth taxes left, right and centre now based on 'green tax.' Just another way of getting us to shell out some ridiculous amount of money and noone complains about it.

We already pay over 100% tax on fuel, they're now talking about GPS tracking for 'pay-per-mile' 'green tax' - and then implementing 'congestion charges' to get in and out of cities.

It's not cheap either $10 to get into manchester and $16-20 to get into london now iirc.

*f*cking fed up of this country* I'm going to emmigrate as soon as I can afford it and avoid the bullcrap tax system.

Ack, sorry! </rant>

bmwrp8
06-20-2007, 03:56 AM
id just start my truck up and create some shade for them to stand in http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/lol.gif

hahahaha:D Me,I'd just tell them i'm in to illegal logging business and if they want to work for me!nyahahaha:p :D

Sam-Son
06-20-2007, 11:00 AM
I'd hand them my catalytic converter and tell them it's useless and I won't be needing it anymore:D

winfred
06-20-2007, 11:59 AM
find a core buyer and get $175 for it if the guts are intact

I'd hand them my catalytic converter and tell them it's useless and I won't be needing it anymore:D

yy101
06-20-2007, 04:52 PM
The UK's gone on an environmental bender at the moment - I'm sick to death of seeing commercials on tv with 'we're helping the environment by x' or 'you can help by buying our env friendly product'

There's stealth taxes left, right and centre now based on 'green tax.' Just another way of getting us to shell out some ridiculous amount of money and noone complains about it.

We already pay over 100% tax on fuel, they're now talking about GPS tracking for 'pay-per-mile' 'green tax' - and then implementing 'congestion charges' to get in and out of cities.

It's not cheap either $10 to get into manchester and $16-20 to get into london now iirc.

*f*cking fed up of this country* I'm going to emmigrate as soon as I can afford it and avoid the bullcrap tax system.

Ack, sorry! </rant>

Lol, sounds like you live in a Orwellian police state. I mean a GPS system for pay per mile green tax, that is Scotland Yard/MI5/6 ultimate wet dream come true. You cant tell me the data the system generates not going to be used for other means/agencies.