PDA

View Full Version : want Free/super cheap e34 parts

indierthanthou
06-18-2007, 12:24 AM
I have a buttload of parts that need to be replaced, so I am looking for free and cheap parts to add to my collection. pm or reply if ya can help me out

The Bigfella
06-18-2007, 01:27 AM
Sure - post your bank account details and I'll send $3.5 mil too

filip00
06-18-2007, 05:16 AM
Sure - post your bank account details and I'll send $3.5 mil too

that's fab, i'll give you my account as well, so send some $$$ to me too. half a mil would be fine.

indierthanthou
06-18-2007, 05:55 AM
sure, its 170423. routing number 21374.

Now that we're done messing around, come on guys! im flat broke, this is michigan, the only people with jobs are the ones who have had them for years, and about a third of them will lose theirs soon

Ross
06-18-2007, 07:04 AM
Could I come over and install them too?

filip00
06-18-2007, 07:58 AM
Could I come over and install them too?

this one really cracked me :D

indierthanthou
06-18-2007, 08:10 PM
perhaps I should elaborate slightly, now that i reread what i wrote and yeah, ill admit it does look like i'm looking for a handout from bavauto or something. what i meant was, if you have parts that you have removed for whatever reason and are probably going to throw out (obviously i dont want irreparable junk) ill take them off your hands, no sense in good parts going to waste.

pundit
06-18-2007, 08:13 PM
I want free crack, booze, women, fast cars and $$$$. ;)

632 Regal
06-18-2007, 08:41 PM
what is on your wish list?

dacoyote
06-18-2007, 10:10 PM
I want free crack, booze, women, fast cars and $$$$. ;)

I can get you all of those...

mamilapon
what is on your wish list?
I want some M30 parts. MUST be in excellent condition.I will take them off your hands for nothing. YOU pay the shipping. (A few moths worth of warranty would be nice too.)

indierthanthou
Blower fan/motor
obc temp sensor (sick of -35f)
pass side quarter panel
front grill and hood from a 95
front parking lights (but just the amber ones, and only if they are free)
that filler piece to fill where the front license plate goes
a business cd player would be nice too but i dont think im getting that for under 300 bucks anytime soon

thats just the start of the list

The Bigfella
06-19-2007, 04:56 AM
front grill and hood from a 95

Yep, that sounds like an essential item for the car in your photo.

Get a job.

filip00
06-19-2007, 06:07 AM
Yep, that sounds like an essential item for the car in your photo.

Get a job.

haha, exactly! i paid for my front wide conversion ****ing $400, and this guy wants it for free! yeah, right!

ThoreauHD
06-19-2007, 06:33 AM
I want a pony. Does anyone have a pony? Pony!!!! Pony!!!!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/toasty0z/suicide.jpg

indierthanthou
06-19-2007, 06:43 AM
was just naming parts i wanted, not necessarily ones i wouldnt pay for, and OBVIOUSLY im not going to try to get an entire HOOD AND GRILL assembly for free

filip00
06-19-2007, 07:48 AM
I want a pony. Does anyone have a pony? Pony!!!! Pony!!!!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/toasty0z/suicide.jpg

http://www.hadess.net/blog/images/cant-have-a-pony.png

ryan roopnarine
06-19-2007, 08:01 AM
though i might actually have a perfectly good blower unit, there's a high probability that i've thrown it away already. the salvage company sent me a used one, but some lummocks manhandled it, and pushed the two cages too close together. they sent me a new one, and told me to throw the old one away. all you'd have to do is compare to the one coming out of your car, and pull the cages back into alignment.

indierthanthou
06-19-2007, 08:05 AM
if you can find it, let me know what you want for it, shipping and all that

632 Regal
06-19-2007, 03:32 PM
a job? in Michigan??? Ha!

haha, exactly! i paid for my front wide conversion ****ing $400, and this guy wants it for free! yeah, right!

indierthanthou
06-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Amen.I have been looking the last 4 months with zero luck. Even factories want 3 years experience and an associates degree for their $7-an-hour line workers.

And yes, I'm going to college.

More parts if you have them laying around:
Brake wear sensors
oil pressure sensor
coolant level sensor

I am happy to pay for the parts, i just dont want to pay as much for them as the shops like bav auto want for them.

Barney Paull-Edwards
06-20-2007, 02:06 PM
despite the lack of info as to where you are, i assume the colonies. There has got to be something in this,E34`s are free here and i reckon i could get 6 to a container,any takers??

Ferret
06-20-2007, 03:55 PM
despite the lack of info as to where you are, i assume the colonies. There has got to be something in this,E34`s are free here and i reckon i could get 6 to a container,any takers??

Flat pack em, you'll get more in that way.

Super90
06-25-2007, 11:02 AM
No money, no job, and you own a BMW. Square peg, round hole. I think you need to sign up for an economics course there in school. That will help you out more in the long term than folks sending you parts.

Sorry, for the "tough love".

mamilapon
06-25-2007, 11:06 PM
That request has taken on a life of its own. Why did you do it Indi?...Why?

indierthanthou
06-26-2007, 09:12 AM
this is one of those things that is going to haunt me for a good long time

Dave M
06-26-2007, 10:15 AM
this is one of those things that is going to haunt me for a good long time

OK, I'll help you out of this jam, but just this once.

Send all parts you get straight to me. That aught to divert much of the holier than thou, self-righteous, parental sounding criticism my direction. From the sounds of some other board members, you obviously bought the wrong car and should never, ever, ask for anything free of charge. You never know what you’ll get ;)

Dave

ryan roopnarine
06-26-2007, 10:34 AM
the blower is gone, i think i liked the box that it was in and threw it away a little while ago.

indierthanthou
06-26-2007, 10:58 AM
that is one thing that i have discovered, though i dont know why i thought it would be any different from anywhere else...but the people on here are great until you want stuff for free....not to offend, but i wonder if some here are the same people who pitch a fit if they see someone taking something useful out of their trash

indierthanthou
06-26-2007, 10:58 AM
oh well, no big deal. lets just let this thread die

filip00
06-26-2007, 12:34 PM
indierthanthou, i'm sorry to say this, but making a thread like this, you really made an idiot out of yourself. everybody is laughing, this isn't Dacia or Fiat forum, this is a BMW forum. and i'm not saying all of us here are wealthy, i'm NOT, but asking for FREE stuff? dude, come on! get a hold of yourself....

it was almost as if the rest of us would REJECT free stuff.....read the name again - "want free / super cheap e34 parts" .....so what, am i supposed to add myself to the list or what? oh, right, only you want free stuff and should get some.

sorry man, but that's a shame imho.

repenttokyo
06-26-2007, 12:55 PM
actually I have a complete 1976 Mercedes 280 SE disassembled in boxes in a barn, and I would give away every single piece for free, to someone who could use it.

Dave M
06-26-2007, 03:06 PM
There have been many cases of parts going to folks free of charge. I've sent used parts away for the cost of shipping and also received stuff from people like Whit for zero, nadda, zippo.........

They're just F'in parts regardless of what brand of car they end up in.

indierthanthou
06-26-2007, 03:14 PM
thats the sort of thing i meant by asking! i didnt want people to buy me parts, or to pull them off their car and give them to me or anything like that, just stuff they had laying around that they had no use for.

you really made an idiot out of yourself, everyone is laughing at you thats because obviously i am an idiot. heh....you should have seen some of the stupid threads i started on the audiworld forum, like 'why does my front end rattle' and 'option xxxx doesnt work, what am i doing wrong'. every time i would get reamed out or someone else who has been around the forum forever or get screamed at to STFA NOOB even though i searched extensively and specified as such.

ok, im done whining. ill keep my mouth shut till i have something worthwhile to say

Evan
06-26-2007, 03:16 PM
i have a 92 525 I'm about to junk... do you have a list of parts you need.. i'm selling everything cheaply.. let me know

BIGRED
06-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Because of shipping costs....

Find a pick-n-pull yard and do some hunting. When I hit really hard times 3 years ago and needed some parts for my MB, the cost was less to pull them then pay for the shipping with members of "another" board offering some of the parts for free.

Instead of $1500 for a trans I pulled one for $25, still running strong 2 years later.

Sorry I don't have an inventory of parts for a BMW, I would gladly help you out.

whiskychaser
06-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Sorry to disagree but you are not an idiot. You just did what everybody else does and asked for help. Everybody is looking for the benefit of someone else's experience and to save money. If not we'd all be putting our cars in the garage and we'd have nothing to talk about :-)

indierthanthou
06-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it. Heh, if there is anything I don't have a problem with people disagreeing with me on it's whether I'm an idiot.

filip00
06-28-2007, 03:53 AM
Thanks, I appreciate it. Heh, if there is anything I don't have a problem with people disagreeing with me on it's whether I'm an idiot.

hahaha, respect :D