PDA

View Full Version : OT: Laser jammers

BigKriss
06-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Any members from here running one with good results?

I've heard this is the best one;

www.laser-interceptor.com

What do you guys think?

The seller claims that there is no chance a cop will know becasue it simulates a "shaking hand" error on the gun.

GoldenOne
06-17-2007, 10:10 AM
im still skeptical about the whole jammer thing, i would have to use one first hand with a cop lasering me to see if it actually works...

632 Regal
06-17-2007, 10:35 AM
sounds interesting, we dont have that many cops with lasers or mounted lasers. There are a few but until they figure out that they can make a lot of money with them I wont look into the jammers. The one you linked does look worth it if your area has a lot of laser areas though.

Any members from here running one with good results?

I've heard this is the best one;

www.laser-interceptor.com (http://www.laser-interceptor.com)

What do you guys think?

The seller claims that there is no chance a cop will know becasue it simulates a "shaking hand" error on the gun.

Tiger
06-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Many similar systems are tested and they do work. As far as cop don't know? Yeah right... cop will know you got some kind of jammer when they try your car and then try another one and back to you..

If you are going like 100MPH and othe cars going 65MPH, he knows visually and if he finds he can't gun you, he also knows something is up... Once pulled over, when he check the front of the car, he will get you right there.

Those emitters will not be hidden or otherwise, they don't work. Some better one will shut off the jammer once you are below the threshold... like said 75 MPH and let police read you at 75 MPH or lower.

attack eagle
06-17-2007, 04:09 PM
it doesn't make any difference if he knows you have a jammer or not.
LASER means light. Light transmission is not regulated by the FCC, nor is it illegal to jam lasers.

filip00
06-17-2007, 04:39 PM
this one is made by a guy i know, they won the award for best laser jammer at the last world laser jammer competition (for real :D ) and if i was to buy a jammer/detector, i'd go for this one.

BigKriss
06-17-2007, 08:58 PM
Yeah, he's based in Croatia. Thanks for your answers guys. There is a link on that site for testing the devices. The testing was done in the USA, with about 5 different jammers.

this one is made by a guy i know, they won the award for best laser jammer at the last world laser jammer competition (for real :D ) and if i was to buy a jammer/detector, i'd go for this one.

Sam-Son
06-17-2007, 09:20 PM
I know it's legal in some US states if not all but I'd just get a Radar dtector like the V1. I wouldn't bother with anything else unless I was on the Gumball or the likes.

filip00
06-18-2007, 05:14 AM
yeah, but you must have in mind there are different types of jammers/detectors. i'm pretty sure this one is based as a detector and partially a jammer, so the laser doesn't tell some specific "jamming" error to the cop, but some usual - "not used properly, not stable" or sth. error. so the cop can't tell you're using a jammer.

BigKriss
06-18-2007, 05:19 AM
Does it? I'm still learning. I asked the same question on another forum and got blasted for it.

http://forums.eurocca.net/showthread.php?t=22591

yeah, but you must have in mind there are different types of jammers/detectors. i'm pretty sure this one is based as a detector and partially a jammer, so the laser doesn't tell some specific "jamming" error to the cop, but some usual - "not used properly, not stable" or sth. error. so the cop can't tell you're using a jammer.

filip00
06-18-2007, 05:31 AM
yeah, i see one guy advised you to do the speed limit....geez.

well anyhow, i suggest you contact the guy behind the jammer, and talk to him and ask him things you want to know.