PDA

View Full Version : 1990 535i One-button Alarm Remote

brendanm
06-16-2007, 12:43 PM
I've got a damaged BMW Alarm remote, it's a one-button remote with a broken corner where the key ring attaches. I want to replace the case, or implant the guts into a new case. However they seem difficult to find.

Part No. 88 88 1 600 205
FCC ID: A269ZUA087

I've found lots of 3-button remotes, same shape and size, same FCC ID, but with 3-buttons. Bavarian Autoparts said that it can't be used in place of a one-button. Is that true?

I've also found a few one-button remotes, but they want $120 US for it. Has anyone got any suggestions, or been through this process before. What kind of options are there?

brendanm
06-16-2007, 12:45 PM
Even a new leather case or something similar to place the old remote in, something that I could attach to my key chain would be great. But again, I've seen nothing that would suit so far, any ideas?

winfred
06-16-2007, 06:25 PM
if it's the same square looking alpine remote as your old one just with a couple more buttons it will work just fine, just slip your chip into the new remote and jam, actually most of the one button remotes i've seen are 3 button units without the extra holes punched out of the case

BMWCCA1
06-17-2007, 03:27 PM
I've got an old one-button remote I'm not using. Case is in good shape, missing the two screws, even has the chip and a battery (likely dead) in it. What's it worth; postage plus? Where are you located? Anything to trade? I'm happy to help if you need it. I'm in Virginia.

-Phil

brendanm
06-17-2007, 03:41 PM
Can you include a picture? Mine seems to only have one screw, but if it's the same size and shape I'm sure I can make it work, or at least use the undamaged case from yours. I haven't really got any bits to trade, but I'd be willing to give you $20 bucks US, and cover any postage, how's that sound?

I've heard that a 3-button will work, and may in-fact increase the functionality giving me some more options the one-button doesn't have. I can get 3-button on ebay for $34 US. Let me know if you're interested.

email: brendanm@praxistech.com

540 touring
06-17-2007, 03:56 PM
I've got a damaged BMW Alarm remote, it's a one-button remote with a broken corner where the key ring attaches. I want to replace the case, or implant the guts into a new case. However they seem difficult to find.

Part No. 88 88 1 600 205
FCC ID: A269ZUA087

I've found lots of 3-button remotes, same shape and size, same FCC ID, but with 3-buttons. Bavarian Autoparts said that it can't be used in place of a one-button. Is that true?

I've also found a few one-button remotes, but they want $120 US for it. Has anyone got any suggestions, or been through this process before. What kind of options are there?

Hello mate

Sorry I'm not sure how to do this correctly, but if you look at item 290129666790 on the UK's ebay site it might be the one you are looking for.

All the best

Phil

brendanm
06-17-2007, 05:05 PM
No I'd seen that one, but it's not the same shape. Mine's rectangular.

winfred
06-17-2007, 05:14 PM
yours looks like this?! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-keyless-entry-remote-fob-h40433937_W0QQitemZ320128102458QQihZ011QQcategoryZ 33723QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) cept it has one button, if so this or one like it will work just fine with your chip, like i said in a earlyer post the one and 3 button units usually are the same just without the extra holes in the case so you can use the other two buttons on the circuit board

No I'd seen that one, but it's not the same shape. Mine's rectangular.

BMWCCA1
06-17-2007, 05:23 PM
Mine's the same as your photo. I have a bag of Alpine screws around somewhere. We gave BMW hell about not making them available back then so they sold me a bag of 100 to shut me up. I just have to find them. Both threaded inserts are fine and the case has no cracks or excessive wear on the ring hole. I'll try and get a picture soon, and look for those screws. I know they're in a tiny bag but I cleaned out my desk at the BMW dealership back in 1995, so I'll have to dig for them. You're in BC, right? Will regular U.S. mail get to you okay? Or are you in more of a hurry than that? And if you find one closer to you, no problem.

brendanm
06-17-2007, 06:56 PM
So long as it's in acceptable shape, and It would be great if you could take a picture of it (front and back). Otherwise just let me know how you'd like me to send the money.

And send me your mailing address, my email address is: brendanm@praxistech.com