PDA

View Full Version : Newbie sayin' hi

Rusty Bavaria
06-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Just wanted to say hi, now that I'm finally able to post (thanks Ed). There's nothing like buying a new (well, old) BMW looking for where the other E34 owners hang out and finding that they are having a meet 10 minutes from your house the next weekend.

:)

The "new" car is: 95 530i, 84k miles black on black with a 5-speed. Found it for sale locally, and since the E34 is one of my favorite BMW body styles of all time, figured it was time to pick one of these cars up. Dealer serviced its whole life; block replaced at 43k, the PO was the only owner having bought it new in 96. It needed and needs some love but so far I've taken care of a bunch of the larger drivability issues and a couple of the larger cosmetic things.

I'm sure that I will have a good number of questions, but after meeting everyone last weekend and knowing there is such a strong E34 following in the Midwest I'm even more excited about driving/owning this car. Also sitting in my driveway at this time is an E36 (wife's) and an E30, and in pieces in the garage is my 74 Bavaria (E3).

Now I'm going to try and attach a couple pictures, let's see if this works. :)
Jim (Rusty Bavaria)

nizmainiac
06-15-2007, 05:48 PM
welcome

LunatiC
06-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Welcome, and awesome car. You are very lucky to have such a big E34 following in your local area. I'll be lucky to find another E34 on the road where I live, and if I do it's usually driven by some granny.

ThoreauHD
06-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Welcome Jim.

I'm not a big fan of the new body styles either. E34 seems to have a great sense of what BMW class is all about. Others not on this forum also share that opinion it seems.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/toasty0z/bimmer2.jpg

LunatiC
06-15-2007, 07:40 PM
At least he likes Mountain Dew...

Sam-Son
06-15-2007, 07:45 PM
Welcome and BTW your car looks great.
Thoreau- Is that the black M3 that was vandalized?

attack eagle
06-16-2007, 01:54 AM
Welcome, and awesome car. You are very lucky to have such a big E34 following in your local area. I'll be lucky to find another E34 on the road where I live, and if I do it's usually driven by some granny.

real lack of e34s out here...

There is a black 535i literally 2 blocks from my house... owned by some speed demon who drives like a bat out of hell with the middle lights on and the outers dark... no matter how many times I wave, all I ever get are dirty condecending looks.
Then there is a 525iT in faded grey, old as hell and probably only worth 3k. They never wave either. :(

The only time i ever get a wave it is usually some young buck in a jap import who likes VIP style cars, and an occasional e32 or e38 owner on the freeway. But I get stopped all the time by NON car people who want to know if BMW really made a station wagon. :)

The above pic reminds me of those Marc Ecko rigs that Unique Auto built.
Marc'd love that one. "so fresh, so street, so graffiti artist"

ThoreauHD
06-16-2007, 02:24 AM
Yea, I think it's a M3. I think some girl caught her guy with another girl on this one. Hell hath no fury and all that. But maybe she did everyone a favor. If he had a E34 he'd have more class.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/toasty0z/bimmer3.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/toasty0z/bimmer1.jpg

BigKriss
06-16-2007, 03:23 AM
welcome Jim