PDA

View Full Version : e36 steering wheel on e34

polepositon
06-15-2007, 10:14 AM
Hi guys, I just bought an AIRBAG steering wheel from an e36 BMW, and I was wondering if there is any way to fit it on my e34 BMW.

I've noticed that the axle on my car is smaller than the hole in the new steering wheel. it is not just that, it simply hits in some of the elements under the steering wheel...

My car does not have air bag, i am not interested in the functionality but just the looks.

What should I change ?

Thank you.

polepositon
06-15-2007, 11:17 AM
nobody ?:(

winfred
06-15-2007, 11:48 AM
if the shaft is a different size the choices are, get a wheel for a older car or buy a later e34 column and figure out if you can put your ignition switch in to it so you don't have a different key, in the us our e34s after 90 all have bags and 91 and up all have the small bolt instead of the 22mm nut

polepositon
06-15-2007, 11:59 AM
if the shaft is a different size the choices are, get a wheel for a older car or buy a later e34 column and figure out if you can put your ignition switch in to it so you don't have a different key, in the us our e34s after 90 all have bags and 91 and up all have the small bolt instead of the 22mm nut

thank's, i just got back from the car, and it seems i have to find another shaft from an e34 that had air bag fitted... still i am wondering how the horn will work... is it dufficult to change the shaft ?

anyway, thank you

markus
06-15-2007, 04:08 PM
on the same page is the E36 M3 steering wheel smaller than a stock E34 wheel? Id like to replace the large one my E34 has. I know they arent worth much and the M5s had them. Makes a nice upgrade im sure.