PDA

View Full Version : Very strange central locking problem...

Spice Boy
06-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Hiya folks :D

For starters... its a 92 E34 525iSE with M50 engine...

Right, this is going to be hard to describe so stay with me lol....

Ill start with the passenger side front door.. When trying to lock it from the key it just keeps locking and unlocking itself constantly untill i stop trying to lock it with the key...

Also, if I try and lock it from the inside with the pin, it will just keep popping the locks back open....

The drivers side is similar but with a twist....

If I try and lock it with the pin, it seems to cycle what it wants to do.. for example.... try 1 and the locks will pop back open, try 2 and the locks will stay locked, try 3 the locks will pop open, try 4 and they will stay locked... and it keeps on doing this no matter how many times I try...

I cant lock it with the key as the lock has seized totally....

HELP!

If you wanna know anything more then feel free to ask :)

e34.535i.sport
06-13-2007, 12:35 PM
I have a similar problem, was more that when locking via the remote the locks would pop back up on their own somtimes, or some wouldn't go down and stay up - so the others followed suit! Also when i tried to use the key on the passenger side it started doing some funky stuff popping up and down!

I took out the pins and put a few drops of 3-in-1 oil down there to stop the sticking and that worked. The popping back up issue is still there occasionally, but i just put it down to the cars character! I love the car because its quirky - almost has its own personality!

Hope you sort it soon. Let us know.