PDA

View Full Version : Replaced my front sway bar links and rear pitman arms this weekend

70383roadrunner
06-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Thanks for all the info that I got off this board to do the job. I must say though that the rear pitman arms took me about 1/2 hour each side to replace. Great tip to use a bottle jack under each axle in addition to having the car up on 4 other jack stands. When you have the car on stands and use the bottle jack to push up on the rear axle the bolts slip right in. Plus the axle is already under load so you can just torque the bolts to 94 lbs without having to set the rear wheels back on the ground to reach under. I used the new shorter bolts supplied with the Lemforders but the new longer bolts were almost an inch shorter so I reused the old long bolts.

The front steering links now those were a total different story. I soaked the upper and lower lock nuts for a week and still it took me over an hour each side to get the upper lock nut off even with an impact wrench. There is hardly any room to work even with the wheels off. Plus the rotor dust cover sits up higher than the lock nut and is a bear to work. I hope I won't be doing those anytime soon again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!