PDA

View Full Version : BIG Thanks to everyone who attended the E34 meet!

Jr ///M5
06-10-2007, 07:59 AM
What a beautiful day for the meet! Not a drop of rain in sight. This was the first year rain stayed away for the entire time.

And what an array of E34's....there were almost 30 cars that were brought by enthusiasts. This years event wasn't advertised as much as last years, but you couldn't tell from the arc of E34's that were parked around the grove cul-de-sac.

Special thanks to Brandon J. and BimmerdOOd, as always, for Brandon's dedication to this event and his outstanding coordination skills. Thanks to Scott H. for securing the grove at the beginning of January. Really big thanks to our sponsors, Patrick at BMA donated $300 worth of gift certificates. And Mark stepped up to the plate and donated 3 power chips from EAT Chips. Bimmerinfo's Awesome Administrator, Ed Moes, donated E34 T-shirts, hats, BMW cups and of course this website, that without, none of this would be possible. Thanks Ed!!!

Then there's the talent behind the scene....Paul did the cooking this year and nobody was writhering on the ground in pain. That's a good thing! Thanks to Paul and his girlfriend (I've forgotten her name, damn age thing) for providing the goodies and the talent to whip up a nice meal for the group. Pauls talents were put to the test when Kris brought his famous Polish sausage, made fresh that morning for the meet. Yum, yum...it's good stuff.

This years event was much more relaxed than last years production, but I have a feeling that next years E34 Summer Meet will be the one NOT TO MISS!!!

Thanks again guys for a great time.

JR

snopro67
06-10-2007, 08:11 AM
Panoramic shot of the meet using a cheap camera and free software, turned out pretty good, at least all the cars are visible, parking lot is a little hilly now

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/snopro67/E34meetpan.jpg

Rick L
06-10-2007, 08:34 AM
It was great meeting and matching the faces with the screen name from the forum. And of course… Looking at all those nice E34s and other Bimmers that showed up… Thanks to Brandon and everyone who organized this meet and some good cooking by Paul. I sure will make it an annual event… THANKS! :D

By the way... What time was the picture taken?

snopro67
06-10-2007, 08:44 AM
By the way... What time was the picture taken?

I think about 2:30pm

Rick L
06-10-2007, 08:54 AM
Hummm... I was there till 3:30 p.m. but I don't see my car. :(

I think about 2:30pm

E34 530
06-10-2007, 09:08 AM
As many as last year JR?

snopro67
06-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Where were you parked? And what color is it?
Randy

Hummm... I was there till 3:30 p.m. but I don't see my car. :(

Rick L
06-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Alpine white... I was parked next to the two white E34s to the right of the photo... I thought the one that's two cars left from them were my car since it has the '95 lower rocker panel and lowered suspension but I left my side doors open so I don't think it's me... :(

Where were you parked? And what color is it?
Randy

Fetch
06-10-2007, 11:24 AM
The meet was awesome, thanks to everyone who organized it and came!

paul p (chi-town)
06-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Paul did the cooking this year and nobody was writhering on the ground in pain.
JRYet.......
And Brandon was laughing at my vinyl gloves.
The improvised 80proof hand sanitiser got a chuckle too.

Absolutely beautiful weather, couldn't have been better. The gods were certainly smiling upon us.
Thanks go out to all; organizers, contributors and YOU the participants, this is a 'one of a kind' community that throws one of a kind events.

”Hang up & Drive!”

Qube
06-10-2007, 01:26 PM
Aw crap. It's over? I missed it?

Macv
06-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Grrr, I should have been there.

I should have been in the picture.

stargazer_61
06-11-2007, 06:10 AM
What a great meet! The weather, the cars, the food, it was all worth the trip up from NC (not to mention the E.A.T. chip).

Thanks to Brandon, Bimmerd00d, Paul and Scott for putting it together.

It was a great time. We'll see you next year.

John

bc419
06-11-2007, 09:16 AM
I want to say that this was my first meet & it won't be my last! It was great meeting new people, the food was great, the weather was great! Thanks for putting this together...I hope to see everyone soon!

Can people start posting pics that they took at the meet?

Thanks,
Brian
'89 535i/5sp Alpine white

BigKriss
06-11-2007, 09:30 AM
What time did the meet start and finish?

Triton540i
06-11-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm SO bummed out. I decided to cancel on Thursday because the list of people that actually responded that they were going to attend wasn't much, maybe a max of 15?! Now I'm finding out that there were close to 30 people there... is there any way the website from last year could be updated so we could actually get a realistic head count for next time?! If I knew there was going to be a greater turnout like last year, I would have been there without hesitation! What about putting together an eMail list of those that attended or those who are interested in attending... I would definitely be one of the first to try to get on that list!

Sorry I missed the event. :(
-Eric

repenttokyo
06-11-2007, 12:21 PM
sounds like it was fun, maybe next year it will be closer to the east coast and i will be able to attend :)

Sam-Son
06-11-2007, 05:14 PM
So nobody took any pics at this event? where are all of 'em?

Qube
06-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Sorry folks, I didn't go so no pics. Heh.

C'mon... anyone? The stitched panoramic is a good start!

snopro67
06-11-2007, 06:29 PM
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/snopro67/DSCN2379.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/snopro67/DSCN2400.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/snopro67/DSCN2386.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/snopro67/DSCN2395.jpg

snopro67
06-11-2007, 06:29 PM
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/snopro67/DSCN2384.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/snopro67/DSCN2382.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/snopro67/DSCN00025.jpg

Robin-535im
06-11-2007, 07:06 PM
So where are all the chicks in bikinis that we see from the California BMW events... "Cheek Twins" was it?

Rick L
06-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Huh... That was few blocks down the street. Only hardcore Bimmer-Nutt were here. :D

That Silver M5 was amazing... It looked like it just left the factory and was transported in a trailer to this meet.

Anyone know who's RED E34 to the far left? One with the custom front bumper...

So where are all the chicks in bikinis that we see from the California BMW events... "Cheek Twins" was it?

Paul in NZ
06-13-2007, 05:38 AM
I'm SO bummed out. I decided to cancel on Thursday because the list of people that actually responded that they were going to attend wasn't much, maybe a max of 15?! Now I'm finding out that there were close to 30 people there... is there any way the website from last year could be updated so we could actually get a realistic head count for next time?! If I knew there was going to be a greater turnout like last year, I would have been there without hesitation! What about putting together an eMail list of those that attended or those who are interested in attending... I would definitely be one of the first to try to get on that list!

Sorry I missed the event. :(
-Eric

what a crock...you didnt go because you didnt think there would be enough people to make it fun or something,and now you are complaining because some people turn up (as far as you know) unannounced....Do it for your self and your input to the "community"

philbyil
06-14-2007, 07:55 AM
Hello from the great country of Texas!!!!

Glad to see that the IL E34 meet is still getting great attendance......I do hope everyone is keeping fit, well and out of trouble :)

The GQ is doing well and enjoying the Texas Hill Country twisties and the 70/75 and 80mph speed limits around here! She's still running like a champ and no maintenance issues at all, just oil and filter changes up to now (15w50Mobil1)....plus extra 303 protectant on all the vinyl surfaces due to the Texas sun!

All the best to my friends "Up Nort' "

bimmerd00d
06-14-2007, 09:00 AM
Hello from the great country of Texas!!!!

Glad to see that the IL E34 meet is still getting great attendance......I do hope everyone is keeping fit, well and out of trouble :)

The GQ is doing well and enjoying the Texas Hill Country twisties and the 70/75 and 80mph speed limits around here! She's still running like a champ and no maintenance issues at all, just oil and filter changes up to now (15w50Mobil1)....plus extra 303 protectant on all the vinyl surfaces due to the Texas sun!

All the best to my friends "Up Nort' "

Where in TX are you? I'm up in Frisco, and my parents have a ranch in Blanco.

philbyil
06-14-2007, 03:41 PM
Hi youn Dood!

I'm in Kerrville....!!!

hey808
06-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Huh... That was few blocks down the street. Only hardcore Bimmer-Nutt were here. :D

That Silver M5 was amazing... It looked like it just left the factory and was transported in a trailer to this meet.

Anyone know who's RED E34 to the far left? One with the custom front bumper...

The red one would be mine! The front lower valence is actually from BMWs accesory catalog. It has a BMW part number and all. The meet was cool, glad I was able to be there.

bimmerd00d
06-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Hi youn Dood!

I'm in Kerrville....!!!

nice! I see you're also an E34 owner, i am too :D We should meet in Fredericksberg sometime

rreimund
06-15-2007, 07:57 AM
That's great guys.. Had my car been ready in time I might have considered joining.

Perhaps if we get some good attendance going in the future we can start moving it around some. Maybe North Atlantic Coast one year, West Coast another, South-Atlantic the next, Pacific Northwest another, and down in Texas another. I may not make it every year, but if it's closer to me, I would make it then.

bimmerd00d
06-15-2007, 09:37 AM
That's great guys.. Had my car been ready in time I might have considered joining.

Perhaps if we get some good attendance going in the future we can start moving it around some. Maybe North Atlantic Coast one year, West Coast another, South-Atlantic the next, Pacific Northwest another, and down in Texas another. I may not make it every year, but if it's closer to me, I would make it then.

Not sure if we'd consider moving it around. chicago is very centralized for each area of the country.

tdgard
06-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Not sure if we'd consider moving it around. chicago is very centralized for each area of the country.

Maybe way north & quite east;) Dosen't matter because E34s love the trip.

philbyil
06-16-2007, 12:00 PM
:D
nice! I see you're also an E34 owner, i am too :D
We should meet in Fredericksberg sometime

Always up to meet for a fine brew;) :D

BigKriss
06-16-2007, 10:40 PM
my thoughts exactly!!!!

what a crock...you didnt go because you didnt think there would be enough people to make it fun or something,and now you are complaining because some people turn up (as far as you know) unannounced....Do it for your self and your input to the "community"

Rick L
06-17-2007, 09:52 PM
I like it; it looks good... Make the car look much more sportier. Where did you get it and what's the part number?

The red one would be mine! The front lower valence is actually from BMWs accesory catalog. It has a BMW part number and all. The meet was cool, glad I was able to be there.

repenttokyo
06-18-2007, 10:06 AM

hehe, well not if you live in Montreal.

rreimund
06-18-2007, 12:13 PM
hehe, well not if you live in Montreal.

My point exactly..
I understand it's centralized, but it's not close enough to me to be able to go. I just can't take that much time off - not just work, but from family, etc. I've got a young daughter and if I told my wife I was driving to Chicago for a weekend I'd be divorced before you can say "Guibo".

But if it moved around a bit, and one year every 5 or 6 years it was closer to me, I could take a day trip. I'm sure there's plenty of other E34 owners around the country that didn't make it to Chicago for that very reason - but had it been closer, you would have had a larger group of folks getting together.

Just a thought. Obviously logistics are a huge undertaking no matter where it takes place, and I want to make sure I thank those responsible for it now, as I'm sure it takes a lot of time and effort and coordination on their parts.
Clearly we're not like the BMWCCA who has the resources and the membership to allow them to move things around every year (like TechFest, etc.)

- Rick

bimmerd00d
06-18-2007, 02:24 PM
My point exactly..
I understand it's centralized, but it's not close enough to me to be able to go. I just can't take that much time off - not just work, but from family, etc. I've got a young daughter and if I told my wife I was driving to Chicago for a weekend I'd be divorced before you can say "Guibo".

But if it moved around a bit, and one year every 5 or 6 years it was closer to me, I could take a day trip. I'm sure there's plenty of other E34 owners around the country that didn't make it to Chicago for that very reason - but had it been closer, you would have had a larger group of folks getting together.

Just a thought. Obviously logistics are a huge undertaking no matter where it takes place, and I want to make sure I thank those responsible for it now, as I'm sure it takes a lot of time and effort and coordination on their parts.
Clearly we're not like the BMWCCA who has the resources and the membership to allow them to move things around every year (like TechFest, etc.)

- Rick

Lots of people bring their families. I brought my g/f with me, there's lots of stuff to do as a family in chicago ;)

stargazer_61
06-19-2007, 06:08 AM
Yes, it is an awesome city and great vacation spot. We love it and want to go back again. Between the museums, music scene and the FOOD, just a few days isn't nearly enough time to do everything we want to do.

For us it was a fairly long drive at 740 miles each way, but worth it. It was great to meet so many fellow E34 enthusiasts, both experienced and new, and to see so many great cars. When we decided to come up, we planned it as an extra long weekend vacation.

The guys put in a lot of work preparing the meet and it shows, so make some plans and go next year. You will not regret it and your family will have a great time, too.

Jr ///M5
06-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Between the museums, music scene and the FOOD, just a few days isn't nearly enough time to do everything we want to do.

For us it was a fairly long drive at 740 miles each way, but worth it.
so make some plans and go next year. You will not regret it and your family will have a great time, too.

It was nice to meet you and your family, don't forget to mention that you won "Traveller Award", for being this years longest distance sojourner. (exceptions for Mark DeSylva, but he's one of our sponsers...;)

I'm glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed Chicago, and yes, you're absolutely right about the sights and things to do in the Windy City. It will take 3 days just to tour the museums alone, which is something everyone should do once in their life. The city has a lot to offer and I'm glad you took advantage of it.

Regards to the family, and by the way, were you able to get your headlight replaced?

JR

Qube
06-19-2007, 04:42 PM
Traveller Award? TRAVELLER AWARD? :( Damn new job. Heh.

bimmerd00d
06-19-2007, 10:04 PM

928 miles here :)

stargazer_61
06-20-2007, 04:39 AM
It was nice to meet you and your family, don't forget to mention that you won "Traveller Award", for being this years longest distance sojourner. (exceptions for Mark DeSylva, but he's one of our sponsers...;)

I'm glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed Chicago, and yes, you're absolutely right about the sights and things to do in the Windy City. It will take 3 days just to tour the museums alone, which is something everyone should do once in their life. The city has a lot to offer and I'm glad you took advantage of it.

Regards to the family, and by the way, were you able to get your headlight replaced?

JR

Thanks for the best wishes, JR. I found replacements for both the right high and left low beams at a yard near my home. They are in and working fine.

John

stargazer_61
06-20-2007, 04:43 AM

Yep! Traveler award - a MarkD chip for the 540iA. d00d drove further, but not in an E34 :)

By the way, d00d, my g/f really liked the sound of your exhaust and wants me to change mine over. Her EOS has a great sound for a 4 cyl with stock exhaust and that was one of the things that sent her over the edge to buy it.

The Stretch
06-21-2007, 07:17 PM
It's a little late, but i want to say thank you to everyone who organized that event. I know these things don't happen without a lot of work. It was a blast and I cant wait for next year. Thanks again guys!

-snopro67- Thanks for the feature of my calypso mistress. It's a beautiful shot, very well done!

~Mark

hey808
08-14-2007, 12:01 PM
I won a chip from the meet and haven't heard from anybody regarding this. Anyone know who I can get in contact with? Thanks

dacoyote
08-14-2007, 01:21 PM
I won a chip from the meet and haven't heard from anybody regarding this. Anyone know who I can get in contact with? Thanks

MarkD

http://www.dsylva-tech.ca/

I would assume

shragon
09-12-2007, 12:45 PM
awesome meet and pics!

bimmerd00d
10-17-2007, 08:36 PM
If any of you want this thread stickied again, let me know and it goes back. Just wanted to clean up the top of the forum a bit :)