PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Saga

Ferret
06-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Haha, having one hell of a weekend so far...

It's been something like this:

1) Phonecall from boss 'Thou shalt work this weekend... or else.'
2) Halfway through day, laptop got hit with a trojan, set off virus scan

3) Idle hands do the devils work etc, started eyeing up brakes that needed doing while laptop sorts itself out.

4) Discovered half my toolkit's been 'borrowed' by a so called mate who lives 300 miles away.

5) go get parts, plus new hex drive to take caliper bolts out.
6) due to manufacturing fault, hex drive explodes and gives me a nice cut to the face.
7) Go back to shop well pissed, get new tool. Original charge refunded + apology.
8) Change brakes, which looked slightly dangeroux.
(Yeah I thought they were low with that amount of dust on the rims)
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/Ferret101/DSC00032.jpg

(...but not that low.)
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/Ferret101/DSC00034.jpg

9) Bored again.
10) Stealth fit sub into amp pocket, as the sub case is too big to be rattling around the boot all the time.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/Ferret101/DSC00036.jpg

11) Go back to laptop, to find cisco VPN dialler will now not connect, got to go into the office at 7pm on a Saturday.

Bye y'all.

Barney Paull-Edwards
06-09-2007, 05:56 PM
1. Go back to bed.
2. get up after 10
3.throw laptop in bin.
4.get pissed at lunch time.
5. watch GP at 5.
6.get pissed again,problem, what problem?

632 Regal
06-09-2007, 10:01 PM
what pads you using that give so much dust??? Im changing the brand new ones on the 8er because of dust.

attack eagle
06-10-2007, 12:33 AM
Haha, having one hell of a weekend so far...

It
10) Stealth fit sub into amp pocket, as the sub case is too big to be rattling around the boot all the time.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/Ferret101/DSC00036.jpg

Bye y'all.

You gonna glass an enclosure into there? Cause the backwave is coming out the vents at the top if not.

Ferret
06-10-2007, 04:12 AM
You gonna glass an enclosure into there? Cause the backwave is coming out the vents at the top if not.

I'm going to pack the back of the enclosure with high density expanded foam, to cut down on external noise and stop the destructive back sound from getting out the vents.

The original sub enclosure had a top mounted 'bass port' that was really annoying and constructively interfered with the rear head-lining speakers to make one hell of a crap noise, if wrongly positioned.

Now I've just gotta find somewhere to plonk the amp, as it's physically wider than the speaker itself... I was thinking about under the rear seats but this is a diesel with a tractor sized battery under there, so no space :/

I suppose I could dump the contents of the tool chest in a bag under the spare wheel, then mount the amp in there.

Ferret
06-10-2007, 04:19 AM
1. Go back to bed.
2. get up after 10
3.throw laptop in bin.
4.get pissed at lunch time.
5. watch GP at 5.
6.get pissed again,problem, what problem?

My best friend Jack Daniels + Pizza picked up on the way home at 1am solved the work problem.

The security guy at the Winnersh office did /not/ look impressed at 1am when I had to wake him up to get the gates unlocked.

I'm eyeing that bottle of JD's again now... (I'm going to belt my flatmate if he suggests I mix it with coke again,) unfortunately it's cloudy so I cant see whether the sun's over the yard-arm. >: (

Ferret
06-10-2007, 04:26 AM
what pads you using that give so much dust??? Im changing the brand new ones on the 8er because of dust.

I *think* they were ATE's, will double check in a bit when I eventually get going this morning. The discs/rotors are completely shot, but seeing as I dont have the ability to get the caliper carrier off at the moment I cant change them.

Threw on a set of cheapo £10 halfrauds pads to tide me over for another month until I can borrow a decent impact wrench again. Gotta do the rears shortly cos they're almost as bad. I've tried to get the caliper retainer bolts out with a 2 foot breaker bar and they're just not going anywhere.

I was a bit dubious as to whether the discs will come out with the retainer still in place? I'm going to have to shear the disc locking hex bolt as it's rusted solid. Didnt want to do that just to experiment if the discs will come out.

Paul in NZ
06-10-2007, 05:48 AM
in the sedans there is a a good size depression in the floor of the boot just ahead of the spare wheel well...touring as well?

Ferret
06-10-2007, 06:01 AM
in the sedans there is a a good size depression in the floor of the boot just ahead of the spare wheel well...touring as well?

Yeah, in the tourings this is where all the tools are neatly stored in their own little hatch :)

Was thinking about using that space... cooling might be an issue in there. Though, I dont drive around with the sub up at crazy thumping volumes, it's there to actually enhance sound quality rather than deafen/pose at people. The Amps an 800w rig that stays cool so long as you keep it sub 25% volume.

attack eagle
06-10-2007, 02:32 PM
I'm going to pack the back of the enclosure with high density expanded foam, to cut down on external noise and stop the destructive back sound from getting out the vents.

The original sub enclosure had a top mounted 'bass port' that was really annoying and constructively interfered with the rear head-lining speakers to make one hell of a crap noise, if wrongly positioned.

Now I've just gotta find somewhere to plonk the amp, as it's physically wider than the speaker itself... I was thinking about under the rear seats but this is a diesel with a tractor sized battery under there, so no space :/

I suppose I could dump the contents of the tool chest in a bag under the spare wheel, then mount the amp in there.

That is where my amps are. Because of the hard seat bottom there really is 0 usable room under the back seat. even the factory amp wont fit under there.