PDA

View Full Version : Clear corners gone wrong!

thxalot
06-09-2007, 01:59 AM
Last weekend I installed clear corners (fronts only) and side markers in my e34 and they look great. Tonight, however, I noticed something awry.

When i turn on the headlights, the right side corner lights (front and rear) are on all the time (constantly). When I blink right nothing happens. When I blink left (or try my hazards) the left corner lights flash once and then go dark, while the right lights stay on continuously. When I turn the headlights off, both sides work normally.

Did I get too much peyote in my dinner or what?

Anyone have any ideas? Could I have botched the install?

Thanks for any insight you can share.

-Burt

Rus
06-09-2007, 08:33 AM
A couple of things to check:
1) Did you change the bulbs in the corner lights? If so, are they the right wattage bulbs?
2) Did you add the side markers or did they come on the car originally? If you installed them yourself, double check the wiring for them as you could have easily mis-wired them.

Just my $.02. Hopefully someone with more knowledge also chimes in to help you.

Qube
06-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Are they the right bulbs? Did they give you double instead of triple contact bulbs? Also as above, check the wiring.

Tiger
06-09-2007, 10:42 AM
It should be the bulb... you need to use original plug and bulb... not the euro bulb. Original bulb have two filaments and euro has only one.

thxalot
06-10-2007, 04:57 PM
You guys are right on the money. My old bulb (white) had two filaments in it, while the new bulb (orange) has only one filament.

My car has the Euro smiley headlight upgrade, so I don't need both filaments. I threw a piece of tape on one of the contacts in the bulb socket, put the orange bulb back in, and now it's working like a charm!

Thanks for all the helpful input!