PDA

View Full Version : Rear wheels

kxmills
06-08-2007, 10:20 PM
I've installed my Vogtland springs and Koni shocks, I notice that the rear wheels aren't perfectly vertical. When you look at the car from the rear, it looks as if I am carrying a load in the trunk / \. Is there anything that I can do to correct this?

Tiger
06-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Nothing... zero adjustment. Normal

ThoreauHD
06-09-2007, 12:39 AM
It's supposed to be pidgeon toed so that you make full contact with the tire tread at high cornering. As was said, it's normal and gives the bimmer more stability at high speed turns.

mattyb
06-09-2007, 12:53 AM
its called negative camber and if you look at most racing vehicles they are " loaded" in this fashion so as Thoreau stated, tyres, when cornering need to sit as flat on the roadway as they can. looks kind a cool too

Qube
06-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Hey, me too... Vogtlands on Konis :) It's not that bad. If you notice excessive wear on the inside (EXCESSIVE), then investigate on a camber kit.

Now, if your car looks like some ricermobile where the tires are literally 45deg off, then there's a problem.

filip00
06-09-2007, 02:23 PM
negative camber is good if it's not too big, because your rear end will have more grip. it also looks cool :)