PDA

View Full Version : Always hot in my car!!!!

MagicMike
06-07-2007, 01:31 AM
Hello Folks,

I have had this problem for a while now and still don't know what is wrong. My car blows out hot air at random times. My dials are all on the coldest and the air to the windshield defroster slots are hot. air blows hot at first but then cools with time. Has this happened to anybody else here or am I just going crazy?

shogun
06-07-2007, 01:37 AM
You heater valves are stuck. You can try to clean them or replace the valve block, costs you abt 120 $.
Cleaning procedure, pics from me
http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/111837/

or the control module is defective
http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/220273/

Alexlind123
06-07-2007, 09:20 AM
I think the default position for the valves is heat. They are probably sticky or binding, so it take awhile for them to move from their default position to the "cool" position. Good luck!

filip00
06-16-2007, 05:32 PM
did anyone try this? did it work?

i'm having a problem with my car, it only blows hot air, no cold air! i will try this tomorrow, but just in case someone already tried it and fixed, to let me know...

thanks

Macv
06-16-2007, 05:35 PM
I had this replaced last year or so and it worked like a charm.

Fetch
06-16-2007, 07:28 PM
did anyone try this? did it work?

i'm having a problem with my car, it only blows hot air, no cold air! i will try this tomorrow, but just in case someone already tried it and fixed, to let me know...

thanks

After reading this thread earlier it inspired me to take a look at this beast which was causing me to always get heat out of the defogger vent and foot wells no matter what the setting.

I popped open the little guy by undoing the 8 screws, and 3 nuts (you don't even have to take out the pump or disconnect any hoses, to play with it at least) and then turned the key on. OOops, the aux water pump turned into a water fountain for a split second until I turned the key off and pulled the fuses for the aux water pump.

Key back on, I turned my heater dials to cold and warm and back, and the solenoids seemed to be working perfectly, even though much of the rubber had been eaten away a long time ago.

The rubber seals were still fine though. So after I had played with it and cleaned everything out I put everything back together, and during my 30 min test I could change from hot to cold on command!! The defroster and foot wells never would get ice cold with the a/c on, but, before they never got anything other than scalding hot. So I'm very happy if it continues to work as well as it is working right now.

So the short answer to your post was, 'Yes'

ThoreauHD
06-16-2007, 08:47 PM
I go with Shogun's door number 1. Now, let's dance.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/toasty0z/Dancing-Retard.gif

ThoreauHD
06-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Oh, and I also had the same problem. Heat coming from everywhere when nothing was on. Heater valve was replaced, and just like that... it was gone.

filip00
06-17-2007, 07:55 AM
my heating/cooling = fixed! how? well, the problem was as silly as a blown fuse, #18. :o

thanks everyone.