PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the remote filter fix installed for E34 M30 oil canister problem?

bmwpower
06-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Found here:

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/trouble/OilCanister.htm

Anyone have it installed? Any picts?

Trying to decide if I should spend the money on the dealer or this.

Turbo Ready
06-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Bruno does not carry that anymore though it's still on his site.
I have to look into a solution for it as well.

I am installing an m30b35 engine into my e30 and would like to have oil shooting into the valve cover on my first crank, especially after the car has been stored in winter for 6 months.

bmwpower
06-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Great....

In that case has anyone every attempted to take this valve out (the one with the ball)? I'm curious if I could make something to replace it. Might be a fun project, but my car would be down for the count until I figured out a fix.

As far as the BMW replacement part, which is the right part? realoem.com lists one with cooler lines and one without. I guess I should just walk my lazy butt out to the parking lot for a look.

and finally, where's the cheapest place to order a new BMW replacement?

shogun
06-06-2007, 10:30 PM
yes, go to my website below to e32fixes.com, there is a DIY info

Turbo Ready
06-07-2007, 12:00 AM
Thanks Shogun for the info, it's an easy fix.

I was also told by a BMW dealer techie, a friend of mine that BMW sells a shim for the oil pump. This takes up the slop in the chain and sprocket assisting a bit with initial oil pressure build up.

bmwpower
06-07-2007, 09:36 AM
yes, go to my website below to e32fixes.com, there is a DIY info

Thanks for that link... I thought I'd seen something like that before but couldn't remember where I saw it. Did you had prolonged success with it? Others?

It's a shame you can't get the valve as a replacement part.