PDA

View Full Version : Drivers window popping out when raised

Fred/Houston
06-06-2007, 08:50 AM
My drivers window makes noise but wont go down.
I tried closing the door with the button pressed and gave it a few whacks too but no luck.
Then I lowered it for about 2 secs and grabbed the window from both sides and pressed it down and it slid down.
I thought I fixed it,but when I raise the window it goes off track and the rear corner of the window goes up all the way but it leaves the track and the corner is outside the car but pretty much level with the top of the door.
Can anybody tell me what part needs to be replaced? I'm trying to fix it once w/o taking the door apart twice hoping I can just order the piece.
Also, when I raise the window there's a loud pop/cracking sound as if whatever supports the window went past the bottom of the window.When I lower the window the mechanism lowers all the way but the window stays put.
Thank you
Fred/Houston

shogun
06-06-2007, 09:45 AM
last 2 items in bottom at right side (if you are lucky, only the last one)
http://www.autohausaz.com/search/group.aspx?sid=sc0qf13eb421ua555kgie2be&makeid=800003@BMW&modelid=1012059@525I&year=1992&cid=13@Body,%20Trim%20%26%20Lighting

Fred: pls always indicate model/engine/year of production

Fred/Houston
06-06-2007, 11:19 AM
last 2 items in bottom at right side (if you are lucky, only the last one)
http://www.autohausaz.com/search/group.aspx?sid=sc0qf13eb421ua555kgie2be&makeid=800003@BMW&modelid=1012059@525I&year=1992&cid=13@Body,%20Trim%20%26%20Lighting

Fred: pls always indicate model/engine/year of production

Hello and thank you Shogun,
Your right, I keep forgetting. 94' - 540i
I found 2 sets of regulators (rgt side is broken too) for $100 at a local jy,but I will go for the bushings 1st.
Thanks again
Fred/Houston

repenttokyo
06-06-2007, 11:46 AM
this exact thing happened to me. I didn't need to replace the regulator, I just needed to replace the clips that hold the window to the arm inside the door. Remove the inner door panel and you can easily see if your window is still clipped on or not. Extremely inexpensive fix.

Fred/Houston
06-06-2007, 12:06 PM
this exact thing happened to me. I didn't need to replace the regulator, I just needed to replace the clips that hold the window to the arm inside the door. Remove the inner door panel and you can easily see if your window is still clipped on or not. Extremely inexpensive fix.

Repenttokyo,
Thank you, I just ordered them for both doors. I was working on my E28 for about 18 months and came across this 94' 540i by accident and I'm getting just plain tired, so thanks for saving me the hassle.
I'll be doing a transmission conversion on the E28 this weekend and then I'm taking a "car vacation" afterwards as in AWAY from the cars...cept driving them. lol
Fred/Houston

zman-95-540i
01-31-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm at a loss on my window repair. I replaced the two plastic clips on my driver's side front door. When I try to roll the window up it gets about half way (where the regulator pivots) the regulator arms start to bend and it grinds to a stop. I lubed up the plastic clips and the metal guide they are in so I don't think that's the problem.

Any ideas????