PDA

View Full Version : Help! Euro Lights assembly - "R/D" or "L/G"??

Jeff N.
05-08-2004, 01:13 PM
On the smiley housings, you can assemble the light canister in two different ways. You can set the housing to the L/G or the R/D setting. The setting changes the angle of the cutoff plate in ellipsoid...

ANYONE KNOW THE CORRECT SETTING?

I think this relates to the if the light applies to a left or right side drive car.

Is the setting the same on both sides or ??

Car's apart. No luck in TIS. :(

Jeff

Patrick
05-08-2004, 01:39 PM
Hey Jeff, I went and looked at the two sets I bought on eBay Germany I have in my basement and both are set to "RD" -the notch on the back piece aligns with the "RD." I also checked the ones on my car and the best I could tell (hard to get a good view assembled) is they are set to "RD" as well, and their beam pattern is like this: ____/ which would be correct for us, of course.
Hth.

Jeff N.
05-08-2004, 05:41 PM
Hey Jeff, I went and looked at the two sets I bought on eBay Germany I have in my basement and both are set to "RD" -the notch on the back piece aligns with the "RD." I also checked the ones on my car and the best I could tell (hard to get a good view assembled) is they are set to "RD" as well, and their beam pattern is like this: ____/ which would be correct for us, of course.
Hth.