PDA

View Full Version : Lining up control arms on install

JMI
06-05-2007, 04:31 PM
So I recieved the upper and lower control arms from BMA (with the M5 bushings pressed in the uppers) and will be installing them in the near future. I recently installed new rear pitman arms and had fortunately read somewhere about how jacking the rear trailing arm slighty can make lining everything up easy for bolting them in.
With the control arms do they readily line up or do they need a little force and if so where?

TIA

Jim

632 Regal
06-05-2007, 06:50 PM
they line up easy. The only thing you need to do from under the car is loosen/tighten the mounting bolt with it on ramps.

Rus
06-05-2007, 07:03 PM
What Jeff is trying to get across is that the arms must be tightened with the car lowered to its normal stance. Hence the need for ramps. Just my $.02

JMI
06-05-2007, 08:38 PM
I understand the torquing them while under load but don't see the point of loosening them on ramps.

Thanks

Jim

Rus
06-05-2007, 10:31 PM
The arms can be loosened without any load on the suspension. You shouldn't have problems aligning anything like you did for the pitman arms (those are a bit of a pain to do when it comes to installation.) HTH