PDA

View Full Version : OT: If you thought YOU were cool...

andyman32
05-08-2004, 07:14 AM
I had to pass this story along to you guys for your review...

A friend of mine tells me that he got stuck in downtown rush hour traffic up in Worcester, MA last Thursday.

A strange thing keeps happening. Some cars let ~20 yards form ahead of them in traffic, they peel out and try to make the biggest cloud of burnt rubber smoke, then screech to a halt before they hit the next car. It happened once or twice and he thought, it might just be some *******. But no, it was happening going both directions, over and over and over, all the way through downtown, involving a dozen or more cars (that he saw).

Well, then he looks around - it's all high school kids. And their friends are standing in groups along the sidewalks watching 'em, talking to 'em through open windows.

And the best part is, none of these cars were "fixer-uppers"... he says he saw and Audi TT doing it, an M3, Camaros and Mustang GTs, even the Lexus version of the 350z (not sure of the Lexus designation).

If you thought you were cool driving an E34... think again. Apparently, now, it's cool for your parents to buy you an Audi TT, then to proceed to destroy pair of tires every week.

Kamil
05-08-2004, 08:16 AM
:sigh: nothing like a bunch of spolied rich kids (and their, even dumber, parents), who think they know everything, seen too many movies, and are clueless about the value of money.
Here's some "misquoted" (but real) things I've heard from 16-18 year olds:
- If I was making $150k, I would have a G55 for daily driving and a Viper for weekends.
- The G35 is like $30k, that's crazy cheap.
- I got this '96 328 as a beater

etc, etc.... u see my point. :|