PDA

View Full Version : windshield washers will not stop

cobb535
06-01-2007, 04:43 AM
finally got around to replacing my missing windshield washer fluid bottle yesterday. After clearing out the spray nozzles to get them working, the spray is good. The pump will not stop spraying the windshield once started until I turn off the ignition. Bentley shows a relay for the pump but says not on US cars. I have a 89 535 US car.
What controls the washer pump run time? I am thrilled to finally have the washers working but don't want to stop the car when I clear the windshield to get the "squiters" to stop.

Morgenster
06-01-2007, 05:08 AM
finally got around to replacing my missing windshield washer fluid bottle yesterday. After clearing out the spray nozzles to get them working, the spray is good. The pump will not stop spraying the windshield once started until I turn off the ignition. Bentley shows a relay for the pump but says not on US cars. I have a 89 535 US car.
What controls the washer pump run time? I am thrilled to finally have the washers working but don't want to stop the car when I clear the windshield to get the "squiters" to stop.

I don't know but for me the runtime is entirely up to how long I keep the stalk pulled back myself. No timer.

winfred
06-01-2007, 07:59 AM
theres some half size black relays in the fuse box it's one of the front two if i remember right, pull it out and see of that kills the on running squirters, people seem to thing if theres a hole it needs a relay in it but sometimes this screws things up