PDA

View Full Version : Bosch Yttrium plugs any good?

Russell
05-31-2007, 05:16 PM
Are Bosch Yttrium spark plugs-any good for our cars? Autohauz indicated they are dual electrode OE plugs. Been 31,000 miles and I am beginning to be in need a plug change.

Autohauz indicated there are "updated" Bremi (coil to Spark Plug) Spark Plug connectors. What does that mean?

I am sure mine are original since 95. Thought I would change them.

ThoreauHD
06-01-2007, 12:22 AM
I have not tried them yet. But I do know that the Denso Iridium plugs work very well for me. I think I picked them up at bmaparts. The bosch plugs, the normal bosch plugs, weren't quite as responsive. As far as Yttrium, if they say it works, give them a try and post the results. Unless they are terribly expensive, in which case you might want to wait for somebody who's guinea pig'd them already.

Morgenster
06-01-2007, 05:10 AM
Are Bosch Yttrium spark plugs-any good for our cars? Autohauz indicated they are dual electrode OE plugs. Been 31,000 miles and I am beginning to be in need a plug change.

Autohauz indicated there are "updated" Bremi (coil to Spark Plug) Spark Plug connectors. What does that mean?

I have tried and they're OK. The NGK BKR6E single electrodes I'm using now are slightly better though (very slightly).

Bill R.
06-01-2007, 07:48 AM
yttrium is just a new buzz word for bosch, they've been using it in ground electrodes since 1985 on most of their plugs. You won't gain anything at all. The only claim is up to 31% extended service life. Since iridium plugs by other manufacturers are becoming increasingly popular and yttrium is another rare earth material i guess that they are now hyping it again.

winfred
06-01-2007, 08:03 AM
bosch also says their platinum works, and most of us know what a huge load of **** that is

As far as Yttrium, if they say it works

ryan roopnarine
06-01-2007, 11:46 AM
yttrium is just a new buzz word for bosch, they've been using it in ground electrodes since 1985 on most of their plugs. You won't gain anything at all. The only claim is up to 31% extended service life. Since iridium plugs by other manufacturers are becoming increasingly popular and yttrium is another rare earth material i guess that they are now hyping it again.

and the walking, talking CRC manual comes through again! people thought i was hallucinating when i said that bosch made yttrium electrode'd spark plugs. i knew i heard that claim before, but i didn't know it was a ground-only thing for the regular production plugs.