PDA

View Full Version : Brakes Replacement

Unregistered
05-07-2004, 11:00 PM
I just replaced the front brake pads on my 1990 525i and flushed the brake fluid. Is there any reason the brake linings light is still on? Do I need to reset the inspection lights?

Raz
05-08-2004, 12:10 AM
You probably didn't replace the wear indicator which originally signalled the warning light - these need to be replaced with the pads if they got that low.

Unregistered
05-18-2004, 05:32 PM
You probably didn't replace the wear indicator which originally signalled the warning light - these need to be replaced with the pads if they got that low.

No, I replaced it, in fact it was cracked where it hooks onto the brake pad. I checked the back brakes, not time for replacement there either. When I did change the brake pads, it wasn't time for a change anyways. There was plenty of pad left on all pads up front. I have a sensor on the way to replace the rear pad sensor, but if not that, then what?

Karl
05-18-2004, 05:47 PM
[snip] replace the rear pad sensor, but if not that, then what?
Sometimes water/crud gets into the connectors for the brake wear sensors, giving a false failure signal. Clean them out with electrical contact cleaner.

AllanS
05-19-2004, 01:24 PM
Or the wire gets loose and rubs against the inside of the wheel. Had that happen once. Now I just cut them, splice them, and tape them.