PDA

View Full Version : my e34 wont start!

adashio
05-29-2007, 08:48 PM
i turn the key, and every light will come on, but will not even try to spark. just dead. the battery is charged so that isnt the problem. fuses look ok. we were going to replace the drm relay but i cant find out which one it is. there is no information on what each of the relays does.

other than that, any help watsoever would be much appreciated!

Blitzkrieg Bob
05-29-2007, 08:50 PM
i turn the key, and every light will come on, but will not even try to spark. just dead. the battery is charged so that isnt the problem. fuses look ok. we were going to replace the drm relay but i cant find out which one it is. there is no information on what each of the relays does.

other than that, any help watsoever would be much appreciated!

it's in the E box between the computers, it's white.

Check the CPS Ohms, it could also be a culprit

adashio
05-29-2007, 08:54 PM
it's in the E box between the computers, it's white.

Check the CPS Ohms, it could also be a culprit

does the car think its being stolen? would that make it not able to start? if how do i "reset" the car?

632 Regal
05-29-2007, 09:01 PM
does the engine turn over? And what do you mean by NO SPARK?

adashio
05-29-2007, 09:03 PM
does the engine turn over? And what do you mean by NO SPARK?

yeah, no spark means engine doesnt even try to turn over.

Dave M
05-29-2007, 09:04 PM
From your initial post, I'm assuming the starter isn't even engaging (engine not turning over). Do you hear a clicking noise? I don't know anything about alarms, but someone hear might lend a hand. I've had a similar thing happen and when I boosted it with jumper cables, it worked, even though I believed my battery was healthy. Might be worth a try.

Here is a pic of the relays in the "e-box'" located on the passenger side near the firewall.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/dave_macisaac/Bimmer/Fuel%20Pump/DSC00502.jpg

Dave

Dave M
05-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Top green relay is the DME. I'd try jumper cables first.

Jehu
05-29-2007, 09:23 PM
While you've got that pic up I thought i;d ask if i read somewhere here a trick to rid the Fuel lines of fuel to change the Fuel filters you pull that relay and start the car to use up the fuel in the lines then you will have less pouring out when you pull the lines or was it the pump fuse?

adashio
05-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Top green relay is the DME. I'd try jumper cables first.

jump starting doesnt work. tried both the actual battery an under the hood. this problem happened intermittenly yesterday, turn key, wouldnt start, turn key again and started

but today it wont start at all!

any ideas?

thanks so far!

pingu
05-30-2007, 06:45 AM
Does this problem only happen when the engine is warm? If so then do a search for recent posts for me on this problem and one way of curing it.

Otherwise, could be the battery, starter relay, ignition switch or starter motor.

Dave M
05-30-2007, 08:10 AM
While you've got that pic up I thought i;d ask if i read somewhere here a trick to rid the Fuel lines of fuel to change the Fuel filters you pull that relay and start the car to use up the fuel in the lines then you will have less pouring out when you pull the lines or was it the pump fuse?

You got it, pull the relay. The car will start, then stall. You'll leak a bit of fuel, but far less than with a pressurized system.

Dave