PDA

View Full Version : Battery went down after using Timer vent

Alpinewhite
05-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Hi All,

Its damn hot in Atlanta. I used timer vent on the other day when the car was parked in a mall. When I came back to start the car - nothing happened only some clicks. I let the car alone and turned off the fan (it was still running) and tried again - only clicks. After half an hour the car started with some hesitation. After three days the car is still starting with a bit of hesitation. Is it time to change the battery?

Thanks
Arun

Evan
05-29-2007, 04:29 PM
Arun, I think it's time to change your battery.

I replaced mine with a Bosch battery including a 96 month warranty for $85.

Tiger
05-29-2007, 06:22 PM
Yep... time for new battery. Autozone

shogun
05-29-2007, 07:30 PM
Take a DMM and check the battery. Unlock the OBC and see the charging voltage while driving. Make a load test for the battery.
What does the sticker say on the battery, how old?
Did you recharge the battery meanwhile?

bsell
05-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Take a DMM and check the battery. Unlock the OBC and see the charging voltage while driving. Make a load test for the battery.
What does the sticker say on the battery, how old?
Did you recharge the battery meanwhile?

Slap the old trickle charger on it for 18 hours or so and see how she does after that.

My wife left the trunk 'almost' closed over the weekend and total killed the battery. (Why so many car makers don't put the switch to turn on when the lid is all the way up versus the light being on as soon as the latch is popped is beyond me!) So I drug out the old trusty trickle charger and let her rip for 18 hours or so and all is well now. She pulled around 5 amps for most of the first six-eight hours then I went to bed. Woke up in the a.m. and she was sitting at 14.2 volts.

That trickle charger was the best $35 I ever spent on equipement. It has saved/rejuvenated several hundred dollars worth of batteries over the last 20 something years. Maybe I should go kiss it goodnight...:D

Brian

Brian

Jehu
05-30-2007, 11:26 AM
So THAT'S what the Vent Timer button is for! I really should read the Owner's manual sometime..

steve0suprem0
05-30-2007, 12:13 PM
...wish i had the vent timer. all i got is a stupid stopwatch.