PDA

View Full Version : OT - And God created... dinosaurs

pundit
05-28-2007, 10:47 PM
Yeah 'ere we ****in' go... and the god botherer that started this joint (http://www.abc.net.au/news/indepth/featureitems/s1936022.htm) is an Aussie what's worse.

Anyway, my God's an atheist... he doesn't believe your God exists!

winfred
05-28-2007, 10:55 PM
i like george carlins line "my god has a bigger dick then your god" (i think it was carlin, may of been dennis leary)

ThoreauHD
05-28-2007, 11:29 PM
The difference between comprehension of the Bible and reading it- demonstrated above. The Sumarians were 15K years ago, so besides the obvious math problem here common sense would dictate that God's clock isn't based on how fast our little planet turns.

Alexlind123
05-29-2007, 12:22 AM
Im pretty sure this should be in the WOT forum.

Zeuk in Oz
05-29-2007, 01:00 AM
Yeah 'ere we ****in' go... and the god botherer that started this joint (http://www.abc.net.au/news/indepth/featureitems/s1936022.htm) is an Aussie what's worse.
Whatever his nationality, this is only possible in the US of A.

Unintelligent design rules ! :D

I'm an atheist, thank god ! ;)

pundit
05-29-2007, 01:38 AM
Whatever his nationality, this is only possible in the US of A.

Unintelligent design rules ! :D

I'm an atheist, thank god ! ;)

"...So I had this embryonic idea 25 years ago in Australia. But of course Australia isn't really the place to build such a facility if you're going to reach the world - really America is..."

Yeah and make a bunch of $$$$$$....

I can see it now... the Christian Creationist production of....

http://users.net2000.com.au/~rowmat/images/jurassic_ark.jpg

mattyb
05-29-2007, 05:50 AM
right! Lets get this thread going and insulting a few people OK. Thank you Pundit for making us all aware of this, i love it, the ****er should be shot, he'd have no chance in OZ doing that ****, maybe when Jo Bjioke peterson was king but not now. This museum has the same kind of credibilty as that cartoon show back in the early 80's , CUM CUM, yeh that was it. No hang on we all knew that cum cum was a good bloke but at least we all knew it was cartoon ********. Fancy cunts thinking that ****ing idiot and his 6 day noodles idea about the planet is for real. Now all we need is some smart prick to find a dinosour with a copy of the new testament and we all gonna be ****ed hard. Oh hang on, crikey! if it isnt a jesasaurus there under that rock....

attack eagle
05-29-2007, 05:51 AM
The difference between comprehension of the Bible and reading it- demonstrated above. The Sumarians were 15K years ago, so besides the obvious math problem here common sense would dictate that God's clock isn't based on how fast our little planet turns.

It states "and that was the first day" etc, long before the earth was created. So how can god's day be one earth rotation when it didn't exist yet? The first chapter is clearly a narrative from the perspective of God (Elohim), where as chapter 2 is clearly from man's perspective as god is refered to as yahweh (Lord God)

I don't even beleive in creatio ex nihilo. the original text just doesn't support that translation either.

Some Christians are just idiots. This guy is one of them.

As far as I'm concerned evolution is just one of the tools, (physics, chemistry, and mathematics being other ones) God used to organize our universe from chaos.

genphreak
05-29-2007, 06:22 AM
GHahahaha brilliant movie poster....

LOL great post Pundit! Depsite the theological war it threatens to wage, you gotta love America (and Australia, imagine having a 'science' teacher like him. For sure you'd have the world's best chance of being the next Einstein....

Anyway, clearly he is very smart, uh, sorry deceptive, uh, dangerous with money, and the truth. Tho in America he's in good company - there are about 50 of them like him with regular spots on prime time teevee alone. But thn again, we still have a few here... rabid evangelists' who see no reason for rhymes let alone logic.

Time to burn the books again perhaps. We need a sharp Journo to go wind him up and then ask him how long the world has been flat and where Heaven went. It sounds like he his predecessors were the kind that that burned witches every week before arse raping their kiddie choirs on Sunday. Or the ones proven wrong after jailing poor ol Galileo and persecuting 'God knows' how many others for tring to tell the truth instead of these fantastic fabrications about stuff they clearly have NFI about and won't prove- as if it were only possible to prove one's theories politically. Can't they be given something better to do? Like helping people instead of decieving them? I know lots of people in Churches that do amazing work, and it really cuts me to see just how many others are destroying young people's faith in humanity and whatever it might be that some people like to call God. Churches might be human institutions with way more than their fair share of money nuts and paedophiles, but people sill love 'em and reward those that 'just say they do' with votes, oil and influence.
.. it s enough to make you sick.

Humanity really is a most lechourous, cancerous colonic growth.

pundit
05-29-2007, 07:26 AM
Now I know why God created atheists.... to ridicule religious fundamentalists! :D

genphreak
05-29-2007, 08:05 AM
Now I know why God created atheists.... to ridicule religious fundamentalists! :DJust you wait until they all wake up on th other side of the pond...

mattyb
05-29-2007, 08:13 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i dunno i still reckon he's a proper fukwit, well maybe not, maybe he's aware its a load if shite but theres a heap of cash in it, still waiting to see if jesasaurus turns up, maybe there really is a mohamedasaurus out there too.

genphreak
05-29-2007, 08:22 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i dunno i still reckon he's a proper fukwit, well maybe not, maybe he's aware its a load if shite but theres a heap of cash in it, still waiting to see if jesasaurus turns up, maybe there really is a mohamedasaurus out there too.Jesus is dead. Long live the Jesusaurus fossil! LOL Many thanks, Matty-b-eloquence... you summed it up well!~ ;) Nick

repenttokyo
05-29-2007, 08:33 AM
whatever happened to being respectful of other people's beliefs?

pingu
05-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Sod that - if a person wants to believe that the world was made in 6 days then I'm entitled to believe that person is an idiot.

To borrow a phrase (love the sinner, hate the sin): respect people (human rights etc), but not absurd 6 day nonsense.

Morgenster
05-29-2007, 09:54 AM
Where's the great spaghetti monster when you need it?

repenttokyo
05-29-2007, 10:41 AM
Sod that - if a person wants to believe that the world was made in 6 days then I'm entitled to believe that person is an idiot.

To borrow a phrase (love the sinner, hate the sin): respect people (human rights etc), but not absurd 6 day nonsense.

that's a ridiculous attitude. the world functions on tolerance, remove tolerance and everything crumbles.

threads like this don't belong in the 5 series discussion area. I come here to read about cars, not about other people's prejudices. Why was this posted here?

mattyb
05-29-2007, 05:39 PM
well dont read it! who's forcing you to do so. Enjoy it or bugger off while its still very polite, or the spagetti monsta will get you.

Zeuk in Oz
05-29-2007, 05:46 PM
that's a ridiculous attitude. the world functions on tolerance, remove tolerance and everything crumbles.

threads like this don't belong in the 5 series discussion area. I come here to read about cars, not about other people's prejudices. Why was this posted here?
If I may attempt to answer that, repenttokyo.

The reason for the thread and the apparent glee of many Aussie contributors (including yours truly) when discussing this issue, is that this is just the sort of discussion that appeals to a warped, all questioning, irreverant part of our national psyche here in Oz. It is in our larrikin culture, if you like.

We like to say F**k you to everybody, believe in nothing and no-one and tell ourselves that the fundamentalist christian movement that is starting to take control of conservative politics in this country, as it has in the States, will be swept out at the next federal election.

Deep down we actually practice tolerance, we are just not prepared to admit it.

Sorry if this explanation doesn't make much sense, but that is just how it is. :)

repenttokyo
05-29-2007, 06:05 PM
well dont read it! who's forcing you to do so. Enjoy it or bugger off while its still very polite, or the spagetti monsta will get you.

the people forcing me to do so are the people who pollute a car forum with theological junk that has no place here.

as for aussie or american politics, I have no particular knowledge of either. I appreciate the explanation, but surely there are aussie boards where everyone can have a whale of a time spouting off on regional hot topics that aren't bmw related?

Zeuk in Oz
05-29-2007, 06:22 PM
the people forcing me to do so are the people who pollute a car forum with theological junk that has no place here.

as for aussie or american politics, I have no particular knowledge of either. I appreciate the explanation, but surely there are aussie boards where everyone can have a whale of a time spouting off on regional hot topics that aren't bmw related?
What ?

Excuse us !

Is this forum only for left handed, gay-whale loving, bearded citizens of Panama or can anyone partake ?

If you don't like this thread - ignore it.

Nothing wrong with a little bit of irreverent fun, in my opinion.

Only Matty B is trying to be offensive and nobody listens to him anyway ! :D

Wait till fukem 5 sees this thread ! ;)

Ross
05-29-2007, 06:22 PM
Who says you guys have an exclusive on warped, all questioning, irreverance and saying **** you to everybody?
I'm off to Google "larrikin".

Blitzkrieg Bob
05-29-2007, 06:34 PM

Anyway, my God's an atheist... he doesn't believe your God exists!

God was really hungover from one of Satan's weekend parties...That's why the dinosaurs looked that way. Once God sobered up ...Bam! extinction!

Zeuk in Oz
05-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Who says you guys have an exclusive on warped, all questioning, irreverance and saying **** you to everybody?
I'm off to Google "larrikin".
LMAO ! :)

Never claimed exclusivity, just pointing out how deeply entrenched in our culture it is.

The best thing about it is that we laugh at, and ridicule, ourselves as much as any one else. :D

That's a lie - we ridicule the Yanks more - but that's fair - there are more of them ! :D

repenttokyo
05-29-2007, 07:16 PM
i'm actually left handed.

Blitzkrieg Bob
05-29-2007, 07:19 PM

I am ambidextrous (wrote this with my other right hand)

Zeuk in Oz
05-29-2007, 07:29 PM
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous ! :D

You don't support rights for gay whales do you ?

Blitzkrieg Bob
05-29-2007, 07:36 PM

those Gentlemanly Penguins all dressed up and nowhere to go.

spyrot1
05-29-2007, 08:11 PM
I think they made a mistake in that article... they meant to say that that was the opening of the "Ripleys: Believe it or Not!" museum.

I don't believe any of it.

pundit
05-29-2007, 08:20 PM
that's a ridiculous attitude. the world functions on tolerance, remove tolerance and everything crumbles....
Well I suggest you tell that to all religious fundamentalists who don't tolerate any other religion/belief/POV except for their own... and that intolerance itself has been the catalyst throughout history for nearly all major wars and conflicts which has inflicted pain, suffering and misery on hundreds of millions of people.

Find God and be saved?... or find God to justify killing those who believe in either a different God... or none at all?

How about a survey?

Number of conflicts started in the name of religion - ?????
Number of conflicts started by atheists - ?????

Okay start counting and tell me which group is responsible for the most carnage.

Kibokojoe
05-29-2007, 09:41 PM
How do you know they live 15k ago were you alive then ;-)

Kibokojoe
05-29-2007, 09:41 PM
What is the WOT forum?

Kibokojoe
05-29-2007, 09:44 PM
I am with that my friend

Kibokojoe
05-29-2007, 09:45 PM
I could not agree more

Kibokojoe
05-29-2007, 09:47 PM
Nope it is for real. They have a creation museum here in Ohio, well actually its just over the river in Kentucky.

GJPinAU
05-29-2007, 09:49 PM
What a crock!!!
Every one knows that Dumbeldore created everything, and when he retires Harry Potter is taking over.:D

repenttokyo
05-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Well I suggest you tell that to all religious fundamentalists who don't tolerate any other religion/belief/POV except for their own... and that intolerance itself has been the catalyst throughout history for nearly all major wars and conflicts which has inflicted pain, suffering and misery on hundreds of millions of people.

Okay start counting and tell me which group is responsible for the most carnage.

Who says I don't say the same thing to these extremists? Do you really believe your particular form of intolerance is somehow more or less valid or ridiculous as anyone else's? There are plenty of cases of atheists committing appalling atrocities in the name of intolerance (Nazi Germany springs to mind, as does Soviet Russia). Intolerance doesn't care which flag is flying when the bodies are burning, or who you choose to pray too. So don't act so high and mighty, it's just silly.

tim s
05-29-2007, 10:01 PM
do i not have a self lubricating hand???
tim s.

repenttokyo
05-29-2007, 10:44 PM
tim s.

i hear that.

winfred
05-29-2007, 11:11 PM
bitch bitch bitch, you gotta opposable thumb don't ya?! that took a while the lube will be along in a few more thousand years http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/icon_jerkoff.gif

tim s.

Ferret
05-30-2007, 05:55 AM
bitch bitch bitch, you gotta opposable thumb don't ya?! that took a while the lube will be along in a few more thousand years http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/icon_jerkoff.gif

Lmao...

Nothing like a Religion thread to divide everyone is there?

I find it amusing that people quote the Bible at everyone as rules, when it contradicts itself on almost every issue, (well at least the ones they have a go about.) Not to say I dont respect said book, it was a very powerful tool to control the masses at the right time...

Also: I find the fact that there's a need for rules at all slightly out of cant, take for example a theoretical situation: God does indeed exist and created/controlls everything... why the heck would he need a book to say thou shalt not be A or do B? He'd have made us such that we couldnt possibly do that - or correct it. To say that you need the bible to govern humanity implies that god had/has no control over our creation/behaviour... Paradox.

**** knows, religious biggots give me enough trouble on a day to day basis >:/

mattyb
05-30-2007, 06:31 AM
and there you see is the point of all of this. Its a bit like the chicken lover on south park. Its not ofrfensive really and every 3 or 4 months on this board we go to town regarding something or rather only to end up at a wonderful self relisation such as the evolving lubricating hand. Never any offence intended rep, go through the archives and youll find a heap of late night ramblings particular to a very special bunch of folk that are here on this board.

pingu
05-30-2007, 06:33 AM
The Sumerians were about 3000BC (maybe a bit before) till about 2200BC. They had the earliest known writing - it predates Egyptian hieroglyphics by a fe hundred years.

Morgenster
05-30-2007, 06:45 AM
tim s.

I think evolution would make sure of the opposite if your species was to propagate? The opposable thumb was a bad idea to begin with.

pingu
05-30-2007, 06:52 AM
Tolerance is about not beating up/putting in jail people with whom you disagree (in Britain a few hundred years ago, it was popular to arrest and torture Catholics. Had to keep those fires warm somehow.)

What you're talking about is thought police, not tolerance: I'm supposedly not allowed to have my own view.

By the way, are 6 day fundamentalists allowed to have their own views? Do they have to be respectful of, and tolerate, my views? ;-)

Kibokojoe
05-30-2007, 10:51 AM
There you have it... I don't think you are an idiot because you don't believe the world was created in 6 days. The problem is that you think you have a right to tell someone they are an idiot because he/she doesn't beleive the way you do. If you want to believe the earth rest on the back of a giant turtle that is your choice. You have a right to believe what ever you want. I was once an evolutionist, now I see how silly that belief was. Based on your discussion you probably believe in evolution, but I am not going to call you an idiot because of it. It is interesting the plethora of religious beliefs here on this site, but we all still have a common thread "The Bimmer" I personally beleive once I get to heaven there will be a Bimmer there for me, and the beauty will be that it will never break down.

Morgenster
05-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Nice reference to the great A'tuin ;)

Blitzkrieg Bob
05-30-2007, 02:55 PM
tim s.

and became a evolutionary dead end, along with those who could suck them selves.

No need to find a self lubricating mate, and produce little ones.

indierthanthou
05-30-2007, 03:03 PM
2 Peter 3:8: "However, let this one fact not be escaping your notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day." -New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures

attack eagle
05-30-2007, 05:39 PM
Lmao...

Also: I find the fact that there's a need for rules at all slightly out of cant, take for example a theoretical situation: God does indeed exist and created/controlls everything... why the heck would he need a book to say thou shalt not be A or do B? He'd have made us such that we couldnt possibly do that - or correct it. To say that you need the bible to govern humanity implies that god had/has no control over our creation/behaviour... Paradox.

not at all.

God has no control over our behavior.
That is a function of our creation, that we are independent and capable of self determination and independent thought. Otherwise we would be primates reliant on preprogrammed behaviors. Some of the protestant bretheren will disagree, but I don't beleive in predestination at all.

I see god's role as a computer programmer. He sets up the rules, but there are variables that are free to allow for varying results.

steve0suprem0
05-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Im pretty sure this should be in the WOT forum.
+1

and really, folks, if one man's decision doesn't agree with your own, does it need to be such a big ****in' deal? if you don't like howard stern, turn off the radio. if you don't like the idea of a christian creationist whatever museum, then don't freakin' go there. i won't be visiting the thing. seems like a big no-brainer to me.

mattyb
05-30-2007, 07:05 PM
hey pundit, over 10% hit on this thread, well done for the annual religious **** fight thread.

tim s
05-30-2007, 10:18 PM
not at all.

That is a function of our creation, that we are independent and capable of self determination and independent thought. Otherwise we would be primates reliant on preprogrammed behaviors. Some of the protestant bretheren will disagree, but I don't beleive in predestination at all.

I see god's role as a computer programmer. He sets up the rules, but there are variables that are free to allow for varying results.

tim s.

632 Regal
05-30-2007, 11:45 PM
I have a gay whale in my swimming pool...anyone know how to save the thing? My kid keeps popping holes in it with the 22 rifle.

mattyb
05-31-2007, 03:23 AM
and about time too jeff, Fancy taking you this much time to get involved with this most serious of matters. as for saving the whale I have a mate who will buy the little fella if the kilo price is right

Zeuk in Oz
05-31-2007, 03:39 AM
hey pundit, over 10% hit on this thread, well done for the annual religious **** fight thread.
Yes pundit, imagine being so insensitive ! :(

I suggest we all gather round and burn pundit at the stake ! :D

Ferret
05-31-2007, 04:01 AM
not at all.

Hmm, interesting point of view, I'll take a leap and start down what may be a dangerous subject path... just remember that I believe everyone has a right to believe what they want.

With that point of view, are you a believer that certain behavioral patterns, which fall in conflict with 'the book' are choice matters? Take sexuality (hence the dangeroux route,) who in their right mind would choose to be anything other than straight? Seriously, you'd have to be crazy to choose all the abuse that comes with that territory.

This comes back to the choice/preprogramming argument 'cos I dont believe things like that are a choice.

*Gathers Flame-proof Jacket*

mattyb
05-31-2007, 07:28 AM
with marshmellows?

ThoreauHD
05-31-2007, 09:02 AM
the ear that's grown in a petri dish
thinks it only evolved
the kid that doesn't look both ways
knows he won't
chiwawa and chinese gold fish
proof of mens stupidity
mens creation
evolving backwards

Here is my contribution to eloquent discussion.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n61/susankayjordan/FantasyFootBall/Anthony.jpg

I think I got the meter right. I might have gotten the rest wrong. I see no conflict of science and judeo-christian religion and history. Religion has to adhere to science and if it's farther back than 10,000 years, vice versa. Science gets confused when it can't carbon date anymore. All it is is history.

But why we would think creating a human that lives a lifespan less than a turtle would be hard for somebody 6 Billion plus years old would be hard- I don't know. It's certainly an option. And looking at fossil record, unless we have 'human only' miracle grow in our soil, it's the most likely scenario. Evolution will be served- backwards or forwards. Evolution isn't just advancing- it's mostly declining. Dinosaurs took 600M years to grow a brain larger than an apple. We took 200K years. Hmm.... Anyhow, my attempt at humor above. Please get offended if it offends you. Peace!