PDA

View Full Version : Beating a dead horse...suspension kits...

JoshsE34-M50
05-27-2007, 11:50 AM
Well, this is probably beating a dead horse, but everyone here's always great
with these questions so...
I need to do suspension work soon- want to do struts/springs at the same time. I've been trying to sift all this info. about kits, camber, cutting bump stops, bottoming out and all the like. Aiming for a slightly sportier ride, barely noticeable drop, using a nice set of 15" style 5's (just happen to like these). What's the most hassle free setup? Been looking at Sachs in Bavauto, also wondering about Bilsteins, & those expensive Dinan setups, etc. Basically, I don't want to A) use a plasma cutter, or B) sell my own plasma to buy parts. Thanks for your ideas.

ThoreauHD
05-27-2007, 06:56 PM
The best combo I've found is the Eibach kit from bavauto.com for springs and the sachs shocks/struts from bmaparts/bavauto. They offer a nice smooth stable ride without being overly stiff. Also, you don't need to modify anything with OE wheels. If you want cheaper shocks, you can go with KYB GR-2 shocks. They work fine for a bit less. They are a little stiffer than the sachs, but they both last a long time. So, sachs and eibach are my vote for a hassle free lowering.

steve0suprem0
05-27-2007, 07:38 PM
bmw4life.com