PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to get rid of my old bottlecaps - any advice on shipping wheels?

CharlesAFerg
05-27-2007, 02:42 AM
Where to start about shipping wheels...?

I've got some bottlecaps that I don't want around anymore - no tires.
How much would you gyus estimate it would cost to ship these across the country?

I'm going to sell them somehow, and I don't know how much I should charge...
They're not pristene, but no damage. Balanced and no dents, just scratches from 1989 age is all.

Paul in NZ
05-27-2007, 04:13 AM
try and sell them first......

gale
05-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Should ship fine individually in a plain cardboard box. DHL ground is by far one of the cheapest means to send them, I'd guess about $15 ea w/o tires.

Tiger
05-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Ship them by pair separated by cardboard. Fedex Ground is cheapest in my experience and cost about $50 to ship all 4. You have to weigh it a pair and add 4 pounds for cardboard and some stuffing you may put in and pick the farthest zip code to get the price.

dennyg
05-27-2007, 02:14 PM
Ive done this twice and putting two wheels together is the best way. Make sure you put something to cushion the metal to metal and make sure you have all areas covered with plastic wrap or cardboard. Any areas where small packages would fall into is a no go for all of the carriers. I learned this the hard way. They would not except them without all the spokes covered up.