PDA

View Full Version : The fickle finger of fate!

Barney Paull-Edwards
05-26-2007, 03:48 AM
So I get ashore on Wednesday,Strip turbo set up to return to normal and decide to give 270k suspension a holiday. All goes well,manifold off,old single one on,ECU replaced,shocks off,fronts ok, rears saggy,new springs,shocks,bruno`s delrins on,all other bushes ok. Car back on ground,30mm lower but all angles ok,toe,camber etc.Run up road,slower but handles positively,tyre temps even so must be good.Notice for the first time ever the temp gauge moves up,and up,and up.A quick investigation,water pump dud,did not touch anything in that area at all and single turbo puts less heat into the system so what are the odds on failure?! Not swearing too loud as pump is original and has plastic impellor,can hardly call that a design fault but as the car has, in the last two years been to USSR,then Spain,then UK,then USSR, the UK, then Canada, it , being an E34 chooses to die right outside my garage!By the way does rad making marks on soundproofing on bonnet look normal or has rad moved up?

Paul in NZ
05-26-2007, 05:01 PM
aahhh the joys of car ownership.My car doesnt have any marks on soundproofing.

Barney Paull-Edwards
05-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks, in that case any idea why my rad has moved up but intercooler and A/C are not leaking??

Barney Paull-Edwards
05-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Thanks, in that case any idea why my rad has moved up but intercooler and A/C are not leaking??
After a lot of bad language I have to bow to the forum gods.Spent ages getting the bust bits of impellor out but the cause was also the pisser pipe as you call it, drilled out the hole to tank and all well.Due to lack of hot spots the boost is much better ,it takes time to wander through the threads but boy do they save time and language, thanks all for tips,even if I have to translate them!