PDA

View Full Version : On the same idea as high mileage oil....

Bill R.
05-25-2007, 09:05 AM
I had a customer a couple of weeks ago with a toyota previa/estima that wouldn't go into reverse until you revved it up a little and then it slipped backing up.... He put some Lucas snake oil transmission conditioner in it... looks like red molasses and claims that reverse worked almost immediately after that.. 2 days later reverse was gone and i ended up putting a transmission in it a couple of days later.

dacoyote
05-25-2007, 10:04 AM
I had a customer a couple of weeks ago with a toyota previa/estima that wouldn't go into reverse until you revved it up a little and then it slipped backing up.... He put some Lucas snake oil transmission conditioner in it... looks like red molasses and claims that reverse worked almost immediately after that.. 2 days later reverse was gone and i ended up putting a transmission in it a couple of days later.

Intresting.. wonder what it did to make it start working better.. (at least for a couple days)

winfred
05-25-2007, 11:55 AM
**** was thick enough to get the pressure up enough to finish off the clutches probably