PDA

View Full Version : Locked my sister in the e34 today......

Dave M
05-24-2007, 04:30 PM
I'll make a long story short:

-fuel pump relay is bypassed with a switch so it must be manually turned off under the hood when the engine is shut off. Makes sense? Sounds easy?

-Failed to remember the above this morning
-Returned to car with my sister after a long day outside in the rain to find it dead
-No luck with pass. side key trick
-Tried to get through the ski pass, a bit too wide
-Hey, sis, you're small, get in there
-She squeezes in, uttering complaints along the way
-Sister and I realize you can't even lift the knobs to unlock without power
-Sis tries to get out, has issues
-I take her vehicle to gather cables, return, boost and remove her

Good day otherwise, always learning,

Dave M

indierthanthou
05-24-2007, 04:34 PM
hahaha thats great. suggestion: reroute the switch to somewhere inside the cabin

Martin in Bellevue
05-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Should we start a collection to buy a fuel pump relay? I've got a few spare relays; sure one of them would work.

Dave M
05-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Should we start a collection to buy a fuel pump relay? I've got a few spare relays; sure one of them would work.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm prety sure I can make one out of two pennies and half a tube of toothpaste.

I'm thinkin about putting the relay back in, seeing as my experiment is over.

Evan
05-24-2007, 05:10 PM
buy her something nice... chicks dig that kind of stuff

Tiger
05-24-2007, 05:19 PM
Umm... how young was your sister to fit in that ski hole?

Ross
05-24-2007, 06:18 PM
Ah, thank you for a most amusing story.
Your beholding to the sister now. Just try and refuse her next plea.

Zeuk in Oz
05-25-2007, 12:12 AM
Sister and I realize you can't even lift the knobs to unlock without power
Interestingly when I did exactly the same thing with my youngest 3 years ago (he was 12 at the time) he was able to open the drivers door with the inside handle, as I recall.

Good story though.

shogun
05-25-2007, 12:50 AM
he was able to open the drivers door with the inside handle, as I recall.

Not possible when doors are deadlocked.
Only possible when just locked.

632 Regal
05-25-2007, 12:50 AM
ya know it's people like you that ruin it for everyone, you should ask for pictures of said sister instead :D
Umm... how young was your sister to fit in that ski hole?

Zeuk in Oz
05-25-2007, 12:53 AM
Not possible when doors are deadlocked.
Only possible when just locked.
Yes, they were just locked. Battery was just flat.

Tiger
05-25-2007, 07:38 AM
Ahh... I am not a pervert... just can't imagine an adult girl could fit through that ski hole.

winfred
05-25-2007, 07:45 AM
when i was building my e34 i made a tab on the drivers lock that manually pushed the servo over the breakover point and unlocked the car, damn locks never really worked right and that kept them honest, i just left all of the other crap unplugged in the door for the deadbolt and window raising stuff and they worked fine for the 45k miles i owned it, cept that you had to lock it twice and i was so use to that id elbow the lock down while pulling into a parking space and get the first cycle out of the way almost without thinking about it
over the time i had that bastard i probably spent a week working on the locks and eventially said **** it, **** it only took a week to completely strip the shell and rebuild it into a decent car from the dash fire that sent it to my yard

Dave M
05-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Ahh... I am not a pervert... just can't imagine an adult girl could fit through that ski hole.

Well, it wasn't exactly an easy fit for an adult. Sis is 44, looks 25 and many think shes uhmmm, 'attractive'........ewwwww. Most important thing is she's small enough to fit through the ski hole. And I don't think your pervert. Hey, if you have a sister over 18, could you please post pics :D

Dave

DanDombrowski
05-25-2007, 11:22 AM
I don't think I could fit my head or leg through the ski pass, much less my whole body. Just the thought of it makes me feel claustrophobic!

Tiger
05-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Get your sister to do that again... this time with a video camera and put it up on youtube so we can all see how she did it. Yes, she may curse on the camera.... we don't care.

Thought your sister would have been smart enough to know men's mentality... "well if it fits... it should as well be..." LOL... I remember you now... your sis is Gayle.

Dave M
05-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Get your sister to do that again... this time with a video camera and put it up on youtube so we can all see how she did it. Yes, she may curse on the camera.... we don't care.

Thought your sister would have been smart enough to know men's mentality... "well if it fits... it should as well be..." LOL... I remember you now... your sis is Gayle.

I'm pretty sure I'd have to pay her this time, you'll just have to believe me :D Gayle might be skinny, and she might even fit through the ski hole, but she can't be my sister. Unless.............dad? Did you? OMG, the saga continues.

Dave