PDA

View Full Version : water leak and electrical issues on E34

Unregistered
05-07-2004, 02:53 PM
Hello all,

I have a 93 e34 525i and some spongebrain at the carwash crashed my car damaging the right front and the undercarriage. Since then I have had a strange water leak. The passenger rear footrest area is pretty much always damp, but after it rains I have water dripping from the interior light on the rear passenger side. Could that be water drawn up by capillary forces or is it the roof? I have had the drain for the sunroof checked and that does not seeem to be the problem.

Potentially related to that I have been experiencing some electronic difficulties. The radio is acting up (phone mute keeps phasing in and out driving me bonkers). Also, light bulbs seem to burn out more easily (brake lights, panel light).

A while ago the car went completely crazy (windshield wipers go off without being turned on, windows cannot be operated) and I had the car looked at once and gotten some wiring problems fixed. However, the problems described in the previous paragraph persited.

The car has 170,000 miles on it and even though I love it, I am worried about the cost of fixing this (if it will be a persistent recurring problem).

Any advice from the collective BMW wisdom on this forum.

Thanks in advance,

Timo