PDA

View Full Version : Do you fill in the oil canister with oil after oil changes?

Anton CH.
05-07-2004, 02:35 PM
I noticed that after oil changes the oil pressure light stays on for longer than it should. Benteley suggests keeping the filter cover open until the filter fills up with oil. There has to be an easier way.

Warren N.CA
05-07-2004, 02:42 PM
will go out before you have a panic attack. And your engine probably will last longer because the oil pump can suck up 0 weight oil in a hurry and deliver it to vital moving parts.

I noticed that after oil changes the oil pressure light stays on for longer than it should. Benteley suggests keeping the filter cover open until the filter fills up with oil. There has to be an easier way.

Dick Schneiders
05-07-2004, 02:52 PM
The oil light always goes out very quickly. I never read the Bentley about oil changes and have never heard this.

Dick Schneiders

Anton CH.
05-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Very quickly meaning less than a second or about 2-3 seconds.

Dick Schneiders
05-07-2004, 03:18 PM
that for splitting the difference? ;)

If yours is going out in 2 - 3 seconds, there is nothing to worry about.

Dick Schneiders

Very quickly meaning less than a second or about 2-3 seconds.

shragon
05-07-2004, 03:28 PM
no problem here.

i do the oil change, put in a new filter, close canister, turn on car, no problems.

Arxon
05-07-2004, 03:39 PM
I do the oil changes alone ,using Liqui Molly full synthetic, never noticed something strange with the light of oil.