PDA

View Full Version : Heat from the A/C vents

ElNormo
05-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Over the past few weeks, I've begun using the air conditioning as the temperature is going up. I've noticed that even if the main vents are pumping out cool air, I am getting heat from the front seat foot vents, as well as the small triangular vents aimed at the side mirrors.

Admittedly, I know next to nothing about the heat/ac system. Is there any reason why these would be providing heat, while the other vents are blowing cool air?

Thanks

Norman

Kibokojoe
05-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Sounds like you have a vent stuck and your heater valve is stuck open also. Check the valve first.

dennyg
05-22-2007, 11:21 PM
Over the past few weeks, I've begun using the air conditioning as the temperature is going up. I've noticed that even if the main vents are pumping out cool air, I am getting heat from the front seat foot vents, as well as the small triangular vents aimed at the side mirrors.

Admittedly, I know next to nothing about the heat/ac system. Is there any reason why these would be providing heat, while the other vents are blowing cool air?

Thanks

Norman
There is a color code red and blue dial adjustment for middle dash vents. If you have them on cool or blue it would feel colder then foot vents but you probably know that right?

ElNormo
05-23-2007, 06:14 AM
There is a color code red and blue dial adjustment for middle dash vents. If you have them on cool or blue it would feel colder then foot vents but you probably know that right?

I did know that much, thanks though :)

winfred
05-23-2007, 07:43 AM
probably a stuck heater valve, sometimes you can smack the valve and get it to unstick but it will stick again evenitally, it's right next to the fuse box

grave77
05-23-2007, 07:56 AM
well ... I just wonder about the rubber fittings inside the valve they can't resist the coolant properly also coolant help cracking the rubber seals quicker, I fixed my valves on the E31 and added a thin layer of thermal silicon rubber to prevent water running inside the solenoid stopping it from functioning.