PDA

View Full Version : Bridgestone Tourenzas?

Jehu
05-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Anyone have any feedback or input on these tires? I blew out a Fuzion HRI saturday and needed tires and these came recommended . I have 30 days to try them out. Not a good all season tire and I am in New England but is rated for higher speeds (160 mph) than what I've had. Paid just over $200.00 for a pair. Recomendation also welcome.

LunatiC
05-22-2007, 08:05 PM
I have them on my E34. I am still using 15" basketweaves though.

The tires were quite newish when I did buy my car more than 2 years ago, and since then I have travelled 26,000 km (16,000 miles). I still have at least 5mm of tread left, they are a low-wearing tire with bags of grip especially in the wet. I haven't lost control of the car yet due to skidding, and the only time the tires have spun in the 2 years that I have been running on them, was when the car was literally in a pool of water at an intersection and I gave the gas pedal a bit of boot.

I haven't driven the tires on icy roads or in snowy conditions (since there is little chance of that happening here in Australia) but they suit me very well and I definitely will be buying another set of Turanzas (or Wide Ovals, as they are also apparently quite good) when the tread does eventually wear down to the minimum.

J.DeFeo
05-23-2007, 05:34 AM
I have them on my E34. I am still using 15" basketweaves though.

The tires were quite newish when I did buy my car more than 2 years ago, and since then I have travelled 26,000 km (16,000 miles). I still have at least 5mm of tread left, they are a low-wearing tire with bags of grip especially in the wet. I haven't lost control of the car yet due to skidding, and the only time the tires have spun in the 2 years that I have been running on them, was when the car was literally in a pool of water at an intersection and I gave the gas pedal a bit of boot.

I haven't driven the tires on icy roads or in snowy conditions (since there is little chance of that happening here in Australia) but they suit me very well and I definitely will be buying another set of Turanzas (or Wide Ovals, as they are also apparently quite good) when the tread does eventually wear down to the minimum.

How long did your turanzas last? Mine have about 45,000 miles and I think have a bit more life left in them.

As for icy/snow conditions, they suck. Then again, no tire is going to make an e34 great in the snow.

LunatiC
05-23-2007, 06:07 AM
How long did your turanzas last? Mine have about 45,000 miles and I think have a bit more life left in them.

I am still using them! I haven't changed tires since I bought the car 2 years ago.

As for icy/snow conditions, they suck. Then again, no tire is going to make an e34 great in the snow.

Good thing I live in a country then where snow conditions are once in a blue moon :D

Ross
05-23-2007, 06:48 AM
I have G009s and am happy.
Bridgestone's 30 day trial only applies to full sets, so it looks like you have a firm grip on them anyway.

Jehu
05-23-2007, 07:13 AM
I have G009s and am happy.
Bridgestone's 30 day trial only applies to full sets, so it looks like you have a firm grip on them anyway.

Well this Tire shop didn't qualify that trial. i've done a decent amount of business with them and they know me. I can't see them trying to pull a technicality on me if i decide to return them. The only problem is what beside these if i do? last winter was so mild but the one day i did end up driving in heavy wet snow it was a joke even with the Fusion HRI's which were supposed to be good in a few inches of snow. I can't imagine anything worse so it looks like i'll either have to move, buy a winter car or get studded snow tires, maybe on 15" rims.. I hate thinking about Winter in the middle fo Spring