PDA

View Full Version : laundry list of sunroof issues

indierthanthou
05-22-2007, 01:20 PM
ok here we go:
1. the headliner material sags slightly so when I close the sunroof I have to hold it up with one hand or it will catch on the edge of the ceiling and not close all the way
2. when closed, I hear wind from the sunroof area, if I open it slightly then close it again, it goes away for a few minutes, but returns.
3. sunroof sags slightly in the rear, abut 1/8-1/4" below the roofline.
4. does anyone know of anyplace I can get a sunroof seal? bavauto and autohausaz don't have them, and BMA wants $75 for it.

Also, if anyone can give suggestions while keeping in mind that I've been laid off for about 3 months and live in MI (therefore NO jobs whatsoever anywhere) so I am pretty much broke and can't afford to spend too much money, I would appreciate it.

Thanks alot, guys (and girl[s?])

indierthanthou
05-22-2007, 07:38 PM
impatience bump!

myles
05-22-2007, 08:17 PM
I think that what you mention in point 3 is the cause of what you mention in point 2.

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/maintenance/Body/sunroof.htm

Have a look at that for more info.

Sorry no clues for the new seal.

shogun
05-22-2007, 09:10 PM
1. the headliner material sags slightly so when I close the sunroof I have to hold it up with one hand or it will catch on the edge of the ceiling and not close all the way
as a temporary solution till I made a new headliner I used a thin flexible plastic piece, which covered that area and kept the headliner material in place.
Or use thumbnails and stick the material on the board.

indierthanthou
05-22-2007, 09:25 PM
the whole headliner piece is sagging slightly, not just the cloth. I am going to adjust it tomorrow afternoon and see what i can get from there. amazing what you can find in the service manual when you dust off the thing and open it up