PDA

View Full Version : Polycarbonate Headlight Lens

Vanguard
05-21-2007, 01:42 PM
I washed the car on Saturday and noticed some fogging on my driver's side highbeam. Looking closely at it, I found that a rock had starred the lens.

I remember coming across a website offering plastic (polycarbonate?) replacement lenses for about $20 each, but I can't find it. Am I smoking something or has anybody else recall seeing it?

If I can't find a link, I guess it's eBay depo smilies for me.

Dave M
05-21-2007, 02:56 PM
I've used bmwlight (http://www.bmwlight.com/) in the US. They were good to deal with and the lenses fit well. We'll see how they wear. I've applied a protective stick-on coating to hopefully increase lifespan.

If not in the US, you might try mr. lens
(http://www.mrlens.net/index.htm)

Dave

Dave M
05-21-2007, 03:04 PM
OOOops, I see you're in San Diego. definately go with bmwlight. They simply 'distribute' the mr. lens product from RSA in NA. I believe they're in Georgia or FL, or somewhere else southeast ;)

Dave

Vanguard
05-21-2007, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the links. BMWlight.com is the link I was looking for, but at $35 a lens plus shipping, I'll probably go with a blob of silicon until I convince my wife that I need a set of the eBay depos. I like the depo city light function. :D

Boone.Msi
05-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the links. BMWlight.com is the link I was looking for, but at $35 a lens plus shipping, I'll probably go with a blob of silicon until I convince my wife that I need a set of the eBay depos. I like the depo city light function. :D
Might as well just get some depos if you buy more than 1 lens. What a ****ing rip-off, $35 for a 4" piece of plastic...

Dave M
05-21-2007, 07:39 PM

They need to change their website text. I thought it was $35 per lens untill I contacted them. You do, in fact, get TWO lenses for your $35. Either two high beams or two low beams. Now, someone could likely sell you two 4" pieces of plastic for $35, but they probably won't fit your car;)

I still have a spare high low beam which is money in the bank........sort of.

Dave

Boone.Msi
05-21-2007, 09:07 PM
They need to change their website text. I thought it was $35 per lens untill I contacted them. You do, in fact, get TWO lenses for your $35. Either two high beams or two low beams. Now, someone could likely sell you two 4" pieces of plastic for $35, but they probably won't fit your car;)

I still have a spare high low beam which is money in the bank........sort of.

Dave

Ok, thats acceptable. I wouldn't mind spending $40 to replace both of my lenses.

CharlesAFerg
05-21-2007, 09:18 PM
You should lamin-x them as soon as you put them on...

RallyD
05-22-2007, 11:26 AM
i put the bmwlight lenses on the wife's 530.
had to smash the glass to get two of them off even after heating the assy. in the oven.
they look great and i deleted the reflector on the low beam. i'll take a pic this week and add it to this thread.

Vanguard
05-22-2007, 11:41 AM
i'll take a pic this week and add it to this thread.

Cool. $35 for two is better, but I'm still leaning towards the depos with the amount of work involved. I installed the silicon blob last night. :D

kesslerbmw
08-31-2007, 09:47 PM
i put the bmwlight lenses on the wife's 530.
had to smash the glass to get two of them off even after heating the assy. in the oven.
they look great and i deleted the reflector on the low beam. i'll take a pic this week and add it to this thread.
Can we see some pics?

Are you still happy with these lenses?

Macv
08-31-2007, 10:08 PM
You should lamin-x them as soon as you put them on...

+++++10000

RallyD
09-01-2007, 11:00 PM
oops totally forgot about the pics.
I actually ordered some lamin-x last week but haven't put it on yet.

got some smoked indicators so after i pop those in i'll snap a few.

CharlesAFerg
09-01-2007, 11:44 PM
holy resurrected thread batman.

Macv
09-01-2007, 11:45 PM
Zombie threads rule